QUESTION - What Bugs or Usability Issues do you have with your Hopper?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ABC's Shark Tank did not show up on my Hopper last night. So pissed. I love that show. Now I have to watch it on abc.com. Annoying commercials and all. But, now, I can't trust PTAT at all. If it misses one show, it's useless.

Any idea why it wouldn't show up in PTAT? Can anybody else check to see if they have it? I was able to see the last portion of it at the beginning of the What Would You Do? recording. :(

Shark Tank for us aired at around 1 am, it was delayed due to Girls High School Basketball tournaments. It wasn't recorded by PTAT, but since we had a separate timer created, it caught the 1 am airing and recorded that. This happened last week too, but we had the 922 then.

UX:
When watching a PTAT program, and the program switches at the hour or half hour, the info banner does NOT not change to the new program.

This is my second report of this problem. I now have S204 and the problem still exists.

Channels are disappearing from my Favorites lists.

So far they are always local channels (2-69 range).

They disappear in pairs. Tonight I lost channels 12 (PBS) and 69 (Allentown, PA Local).

If i edit and restore only 1 channel the edit doesn't work. If I restore both channels it does work.

It only seems to happen to 1 of my Hoppers. I've seen at least 1 other complaint about this.

When using the OnDemand system, it keeps giving me a "Server Connection Failure" in an endless loop while i'm on the Joey.

Apparently when you start downloading certain content via OnDemand, it basically freezes out the joeys until the Hopper finishes downloading.

I've seen this on the Hopper, the 722 and my bluray. My understanding is that this is an HDMI sync issue on the decoder end. I fix by cycling through my HDMI inputs till I get back to the device I want to watch. If plugged into the TV cycle there. I'm plugged to a receiver, so I cycle there. Fixes it every time.
With the exception of the Hopper, I've had the same set-up for over 3 years. Never had pink before. Haven't since I posted this either. I'm on a receiver too, so if it happens again, I'll cycle that.

This is my second report of this problem. I now have S204 and the problem still exists.

Channels are disappearing from my Favorites lists.

So far they are always local channels (2-69 range).

They disappear in pairs. Tonight I lost channels 12 (PBS) and 69 (Allentown, PA Local).

If i edit and restore only 1 channel the edit doesn't work. If I restore both channels it does work.

It only seems to happen to 1 of my Hoppers. I've seen at least 1 other complaint about this.

I had a couple of locals disappear from my favorites list as well. Irritating. No matter what I do, it won't put Fox in my list. Maybe after another 24hrs it'll work.

My local server (dlna) was working the first 24 hours in the hopper only. Then we received new software (204?) and now the hopper no longer sees my servers. Otherwise, love the system!

My guide data finally downloaded in a few hours after install and I was able to enable PTAT. When setting up my timers again for non-PTAT shows I had made a few without folders before deciding that folders were a good idea but I don't seem to be able to edit the timers I have created. I can find the timers and then the scheduled events where I have the option of editing the timer, but when I select that option it just flashes briefly and the window never appears for me to do the edit. The only way I have successfully "edited" timers is to delete and recreate them which is more work then needed. Has anyone edited timers successfully and if so how did you do it?

If I hit DVR button until timers shows up I can press select on a show and get 3 options, the first is edit timer, if I select that it has a place to add folder.

Shark Tank for us aired at around 1 am, it was delayed due to Girls High School Basketball tournaments. It wasn't recorded by PTAT, but since we had a separate timer created, it caught the 1 am airing and recorded that. This happened last week too, but we had the 922 then.

Awesome! That makes more sense. Thank you.

It looks like the best thing to do is set up PTAT and prime time timers. Kind of defeats the purpose, but whatever. It would be awesome if the Hopper was smart enough that we didn't have to set up PTAT just to use one tuner for prime time programming.

If I hit DVR button until timers shows up I can press select on a show and get 3 options, the first is edit timer, if I select that it has a place to add folder.

Interesting as thats not what happens on mine. In the Timers section of the DVR I see a list of my timers on the left hand side and if I select one the right hand side of the screen shows the timer details but I only have two options there: Timer Schedule and Delete Timer.

If I go into the Timer Schedule I see all of the skipped and scheduled events for that timer and when I select one of the events (in this case it is a skipped event) I have three options: Restore Event, Edit Event, and Edit Timer.

If I select Edit Timer I get the 5 green dots like it is thinking for about a second and then it takes me back to the timer list of my DVR menu. Something definitely seems buggy there.

Interesting as thats not what happens on mine. In the Timers section of the DVR I see a list of my timers on the left hand side and if I select one the right hand side of the screen shows the timer details but I only have two options there: Timer Schedule and Delete Timer.

If I go into the Timer Schedule I see all of the skipped and scheduled events for that timer and when I select one of the events (in this case it is a skipped event) I have three options: Restore Event, Edit Event, and Edit Timer.

If I select Edit Timer I get the 5 green dots like it is thinking for about a second and then it takes me back to the timer list of my DVR menu. Something definitely seems buggy there.

You're not on the timer screen, that's the event screen. You need to hit the DVR button one more time.

You're not on the timer screen, that's the event screen. You need to hit the DVR button one more time.

I absolutely am on the Timers screen when I started. The Edit Action pull down at the top only allows me to change the Priority or Delete the timer that is selected. As I stated there are only two options for me on the Timer screen when an individual timer is selected which are to continue to the Timer Schedule screen which does give me an Edit Timer option that doesn't work, and Delete Timer.

I created all but one of the timers using the search function. This is bizarre that others have different options on that Timers screen.

Another thing I just noticed is all of the programs I transferred from my EHD have a date on them of Sun 02/07/2106 when looking at My Recordings in the DVR. If only I had a recording of tomorrows lottery results already :)

The time and date of the receiver is correct so not sure where it got confused.

Bugs:

- Theme search for all movies only returns a few hundred results (goes to "G" and stops)
- Changing the filter in OnDemand from 4 star rating to 3 star rating causes search to hang then hopper to reboot. (Not surprisingly, there are zero 4 star movies On Demand).
- Selected favorites list does not stick. Sometimes spontaneously returns to My Channels.

Possible bug:

- 32.0 remote will not backup/restore. Not sure if that's supposed to work with that model or not.

Getting all sorts of lockups on the hopper that has joeys attached in my 2H/2J. Had to reboot.

1 Joey was already watching TV. I turned on the hopper and browsed through some menus and it started locking up while i was trying to load the guide.

I also had a channel disappear from my favorites list - actually it would not add in the first place. For some reason ch. 111 would not add to my favorite list. Tried SD and HD version. The check mark would appear, but after hitting save it would not show in the guide.

Tried a different approach and hit "select all" and then de-selected the channels I didn't want (lengthy process, but I was just curious). That seemed to work. Next text is to check a little later tonight after the Hopper has been off for awhile.

Well a bit of a set back, two hopper system. One tv working fine. Other tv and hopper I have the acquiring satellite signal, when I was talking to dish technical support, not much they can do as when I was checking under diagnostics cant go there when primetime anytime is enabled. So I will have to call tomorrow has I have the satelite signal lost error, getting a second hopper has already paid off two days into be having it

Any suggestions on why one tv is fine and second tv not?.

Last edited:
Well a bit of a set back, two hopper system. One tv working fine. Other tv and hopper I have the acquiring satellite signal, when I was talking to dish technical support, not much they can do as when I was checking under diagnostics can go there when primetime anytime is enabled. So I will have to call tomorrow has I have the satelite signal lost error, getting a second hopper has already paid off two days into be having it

Any suggestions on why one tv is fine and second tv not?.

Bad port on the node or maybe the coax going into it from the dish?...

Did a system reset, picture comes up then goes to the error sat signal lost screen, really can't take time off work so no second or third tv until Friday :( I am trying one more reset just to see

Ok need some help, confused now I did a reset, picture comes but when I go to change the channel I lose the signal any advice on this weirdness???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts