QUESTION - What Bugs or Usability Issues do you have with your Hopper?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Need to extend the delay that the Hopper waits for data from the Seagate EHD after the initial request. The Seagate needs about 10 sec. more time to spin-up and return data before the Hopper times out.

Barbara

Usability: When watching a program that is stored in the buffer, if you want to record it you have to rewind to the beginning before you hit record. With the 722k, you could just hit record and choose "record from the beginning". Much easier.

On show skipped due to conflict, it skips the next showing because it is a previously scheduled event.

PTA does not record late for CBS on Sunday night. The last 20 or so minutes of CSI: Miami were cut off.

PTA needs to be set to run at least 60 minutes longer on Sunday.

I knew that was going to be an ongoing problem. I setup a timer to record my CBS news each Sunday. That saved my butt this week.

They should really record until 11. CBS will easily get an hour off during Football.

Have two Hoppers, one works fine, one will not record anything, not even PTAT. It's auto tune timers work fine, but no DVR recordings at all. It always shows an available tuner since both Joeys are linked to the other Hopper.

My duo node went out, so we are out of watching tv, though we can watch some channels as some are able to be picked up. Tomorrow they are supposed to bring the new node. Stinks that it went bad after one day

Last edited:
I knew that was going to be an ongoing problem. I setup a timer to record my CBS news each Sunday. That saved my butt this week.

They should really record until 11. CBS will easily get an hour off during Football.

That's why CBS should build that into the Guide date they send. I don't fault Dish for this.

It WOULD be nice to just be able to pad PTAT beyond its 5 minutes though. It could be anything on any channel that would cause a delay, and unless you've set the timer for the recording, you're going to miss the end of that last program. Which is why I always set timers for shows that I watch all the time, but if something caught my eye for which I hadn't specifically set a timer, I could miss the end of it.

I have a favorites list that I set up on my Joey without any issues. I noticed that one of the channels dropped and every time that I add the channel back it will not save. I have tried multiple times.

I occasionally get the purple screen from my Hopper unit, I know that this is a HDMI issue. I will simply reset the Hopper and the problem goes away.

Still waiting for the Esata port to go live.

Scott, Can you please sticky the release notes and let us know if/when these issues gets fixed?

That's why CBS should build that into the Guide date they send. I don't fault Dish for this.

It WOULD be nice to just be able to pad PTAT beyond its 5 minutes though. It could be anything on any channel that would cause a delay, and unless you've set the timer for the recording, you're going to miss the end of that last program. Which is why I always set timers for shows that I watch all the time, but if something caught my eye for which I hadn't specifically set a timer, I could miss the end of it.

You're right, but I doubt CBS will do that, since, if you watch 'Live', they constantly update you on the start time of each show.

I think the real fix here is to allow us to extend PTA all the way to 11 (user choice). 60 minutes should handle most situations. It would also be nice if there was a separate page to set the extra time on a day by day basis... Since in all honesty, Sunday is the only day this will happen.

Usability: When watching a program that is stored in the buffer, if you want to record it you have to rewind to the beginning before you hit record. With the 722k, you could just hit record and choose "record from the beginning". Much easier.

+1
That's the way it worked with my old DirecTV system.
I couldn't figure out how to make it work with the Hopper - thanks for the tip.

+1
That's the way it worked with my old DirecTV system.
I couldn't figure out how to make it work with the Hopper - thanks for the tip.

Sorry....trying to figure this buffer out. I understand that if you are watching live TV you can rewind the buffer back to the beginning (within 60 minutes?) and then record to get the entire 60mins but what if you turn the unit on first time and the program on is something you want to record. With Direct the buffer would be active I could rewind back (assuming it was the same channel as when first turned on) but on this system the buffer does not seem to activate until you turn on the box. Am I missing something?

Sorry....trying to figure this buffer out. I understand that if you are watching live TV you can rewind the buffer back to the beginning (within 60 minutes?) and then record to get the entire 60mins but what if you turn the unit on first time and the program on is something you want to record. With Direct the buffer would be active I could rewind back (assuming it was the same channel as when first turned on) but on this system the buffer does not seem to activate until you turn on the box. Am I missing something?

Nope. That is the correct assessment of the situation.

Looking foward to getting My Duo Node replaced today so I can watch tv and I can continue to play around with this system, I only had it for about 24 hours when the node went out, in the mean time we are watching the Prime Time anytime that got recorded untill the node went out and all pretty much stopped

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Dudleydog73

Interesting as thats not what happens on mine. In the Timers section of the DVR I see a list of my timers on the left hand side and if I select one the right hand side of the screen shows the timer details but I only have two options there: Timer Schedule and Delete Timer.

If I go into the Timer Schedule I see all of the skipped and scheduled events for that timer and when I select one of the events (in this case it is a skipped event) I have three options: Restore Event, Edit Event, and Edit Timer.

If I select Edit Timer I get the 5 green dots like it is thinking for about a second and then it takes me back to the timer list of my DVR menu. Something definitely seems buggy there.

You're not on the timer screen, that's the event screen. You need to hit the DVR button one more time.

This is what I am talking about. Six different confusing menus to do one thing.
I thank all of you for the insight though I am sure it will be invaluable. I am getting rid of a Joey and adding a 2nd Hopper this week. I will be 2H/1J now.

Is there a way to keep the Hopper/Joey turned on so it will actively use the tuners? Then it would not be a problem. The issue seems to be that it shuts itself off.

Is there a way to keep the Hopper/Joey turned on so it will actively use the tuners? Then it would not be a problem. The issue seems to be that it shuts itself off.

Leaving it on is not a problem for me but I was under the impression (perhaps in error) that the box had to be off to receive updates during the late night/early morning hours. Any issues with leaving the box on? With Direct (sorry, all I have to compare to) the box was never really off, only in standby mode which really just turned off the led's.

Good to know, I will try it tonight. Thanks. Curious though as to why while on chat with Tech support a few days ago for another matter (PTAT) she told told me to be sure to leave the box off to receive updates.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts