QUESTION - What Bugs or Usability Issues do you have with your Hopper?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
PTAT: Shows under DVR: timers: PTAT Daily, but schedule info Today: 0 scheduled recordings , 0 conflicts same for tomorrow. Does not show in guide and has never recorded yet. The other timers I have set show in guide and record.

My hopper seems to be picking random programs to record. No timer required.

- Bug: timers are repeated in the timer list. See screenshot. Note timer numbers.

timer-problems.JPG

- Bug: DNLA server not recognized. My DLNA server is the one built into my Netgear ReadyNAS NV+. It can be seen by my LG and Samsung BluRay players.

- Usability issue: User-created folder names are uppercase-only (unless I just haven't figured out how to go upper-and-lower).

- Usability issue: When entering alphanumerics for things like search, using the cursor and hitting the end of a row sometimes wraps around to the row's beginning, sometimes not; when it doesn't, it requires extra keystrokes.

- Usability issue: Shows that are part of PTAT and also have timers to save to the user partition don't appear in the Schedule list. So for example, last Monday, with my 722, I could look at the schedule and call my wife and say "No new House tonight, so you can stay at the office longer." Today with the Hopper, I can no longer tell what shows we care about will be recording by looking at the schedule if they are in PTAT. Suggestion: if PTAT shows have timers, then the schedule allows the PTAT entry for that day to be expanded (maybe indented a bit) so the timers are visible, similar to how SXM channels can expand in the guide.

- Bug and Usability issue: Dish Online does not correctly show the actual timer setup. For example, I have Chasing Classic Cars set to record Only New, yet Dish Online says there will be 6 scheduled recordings this week. Of course, that's not what the Hopper's schedule says.

- Bug (very localized): in On Demand, there's a show called We'll Take Manhattan. It's listed as a 1.5 hour movie. Actually downloading the show results in a 2 minute promo for the movie, even though the program data still shows the movie info.

- Usability issue: Sometimes lists are easier to use than tiles. Add preference to display as lists in recorded shows.

- Usability issue: Make folders (folders containing more than one episode of a show, or user-created folders) more obvious as a folder. It's a bit too subtle now.

The events limit renders cable timers virtually useless. I had 19 timers and today my Hopper was showing that I couldn't set up any more or record any live event. Heck, it wouldn't even record the timers that were already in the system. On my ancient 622 I had 96 timers including the 19 that were on the Hopper and it never had an issue like this. I deleted all of my timers off the Hopper and I'm afraid to set up any new ones for fear of it not recording anything again.

DNLA doesn't appear to work

Bluetooth headsets aren't supported as yet ( yes, not truly a bug but something I thought was going to be supported at launch and a huge let-down to see missing).

Oh yes, I'll second the guide print being WAY to small. One of the things I loved about E* vs D* was the nice print in the guide. Not having the ability to make it larger for those of us with smaller TVs and crap eyesight....painful.

If there is a max of 19 timers.... I have not had my install yet, but this could be a killer until it is increased...

Three issues so far -
Setup is 1 Hopper and 1 joey
1 - Check network blinking yellow in the top left corner on the screen. Checked diagnostics on Hopper and everything showed up OK and and showed Joey connected. Hard reset on Joey and Hopper did not help. Next day tried TV2 and it was OK.
2 - On Hopper, accessed to Weather Channel App. Once on the screen I could not get the Weather Channel App off, behind the app I could hear whatever channel I was tuned to but could not get the Weather Channel App off the screen. Turned off for the night and the next day it was OK.
3 - The Folder option is not what I would expect. It would be great if I put certain shows into folder and others I do not put into a folder, when I go to folder view, I want the shows that are not filed in folder to be shown. Instead, in folder view I get a folder titled 'No Folder' with these shows in them.

After watching a recording and returning to DVR list, only 2 rows of thumbnails show instead of the usual 3. Third row is pushed to the next page. This is at the default zoom level.

I also have an issue with PTAT not including the correct stations in my DMA (Boise, ID - KTRV and KNIN). I've contacted DIRT on this one.

It looks like this is resolved as Fox is now showing in the guide as part of PTAT.

jrp said:
My hopper seems to be picking random programs to record. No timer required.

It appears that my issue was created by setting a timer for "House", but in reality setting a timer for Amy show with "House" in the title. Fixed.

prime2099 said:
On my Hopper for the PTAT it's recording the wrong channel for FOX
so I'm not getting any of those shows without creating a timer outside
of PTAT.

PTAT is recording channel 12-00 KTRV for FOX which is now an
independent station when it should be recording channel 11-00 KNIN which is
where Dish has FOX now.

This is working correctly now.

I would really like to see the maximum number of events increased. I've only got 28 timers right now and the number of events is already maxed out.
The events limit renders cable timers virtually useless. I had 19 timers and today my Hopper was showing that I couldn't set up any more or record any live event. Heck, it wouldn't even record the timers that were already in the system. On my ancient 622 I had 96 timers including the 19 that were on the Hopper and it never had an issue like this.
If there is a max of 19 timers.... I have not had my install yet, but this could be a killer until it is increased...
If timers are being set via DishOnline, this appears to be a known issue.

I wasn't setting timer via dishonline, however, I was able to add more timers last night and I'm up to 40 now.

Todd

If timers are being set via DishOnline, this appears to be a known issue.
Crap! I set ALL my timers via DishOnline because it was the quickest way when migrating from my 722. No wonder I'm having problems. Guess I need to start over. Thanks for the info.

Install took 2.5 hrs. Most time tech spent was waiting for downloads and installs. Units worked perfectly for the first 4 hrs. then the Hopper decided it wanted to do a diagnosis, screen went black, dialog said diagnostics started, should be over in 10 minutes. Record light remained on (PTAT)...After 4 minutes everything came back up. Has been fine since. Good point re: Dishonline, did not even think of that. Glad I avoided it. Overall, very pleased. Some basic operations seem to be faster. Setting up favorites and timers seem less frustrating to me. Would like a matrix option for setting up PTAT. Granted, a matrix would be inflexible, and you might easily miss a program change by not recording everything.

I would like to be able have a centralized favorites list, where each joey connected could use that as an option. Or at least the ability to copy them from one device to the other. Similar to the parental controls. When setting up the favorites, the grid view makes it difficult to see if a HD channel exists. Have the option to convert to a list. If both a HD channel and SD channel exist show the HD channel with the option to expand the Channel listing to include the SD channel in the favorite list.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts