QUESTION - What Bugs or Usability Issues do you have with your Hopper?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Install yesterday went great. Love having HD on two sets now. EHD transferred the shows I wanted on the DVR. I have two issues though.
1. I can't access recordings stored on the EHD via the Joey. Hope that gets fixed.
2. PTAT last night only recorded a couple shows, not all. Does it only record "new" episodes?

Maybe I'm missing it, but it is sometimes hard to figure out if a show or channel is in HD or not. This is true when searching for shows, when setting up favorites (true a lot of the logos include 'HD', but some of them are tiny and some are completely missing), and when actually watching shows.

As far as setting up favorites, it would be nice to have an option to hide the SD versions of channels that have HD.

Install yesterday went great. Love having HD on two sets now. EHD transferred the shows I wanted on the DVR. I have two issues though.
1. I can't access recordings stored on the EHD via the Joey. Hope that gets fixed.
2. PTAT last night only recorded a couple shows, not all. Does it only record "new" episodes?

Are all of your locals in HD? PTAT will only record ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX if they're in HD.

1) hopper won't play movies from EHD that are no longer subscribed to. (e.g) I used to pay for epix and recorded movies back then, I no longer subscribe to EPIX and the hopper won't let me play these movies. I get a error 013, not currently subscription channel. Got temp authorization to EPIX from DIRT to test and as soon as they added that channel, the movies worked again. They worked all along with my 722K.

2) DLNA home networking won't work at all. The hopper says no devices listed. I know my network is working fine as I see PlayOn on my PS3 as soon as i added it to my PC. This should just work with windows 7.

3) the popup when pressing record immediately closes. If I press it about 20 times it will stay open. (copied from below, I have this too)

4) VOD and movies don't have collapsible menu option like RSN do.

5) the sounds equalizer (tru volume) does not work when the signal changes from 5ch to 2ch. When a 2ch commercial comes on, it knocks your socks off!![/
QUOTE]

I too am having the same issue with recordings from the EHD...but oddly enough-some of them do work-even for recordings which were recorded off of channels I no longer have. Dish created a ticket and sent it to engineering over the weekend. I just called again and no updates. Anyone else having this issue and/or a workaround in place?

DO and DRA now play Spanish music (99-90) instead of the live or recorded show I try to watch.

On old receiver (a 722), when viewing the guide, the skip forward button moved the guide forward 24 hours. On my Hopper, it's only skipping to the hour block past what I'm currently viewing (I hope that's clear). Major issue when trying to set timers.

The buttons are different. Hit the fast forward button. That will skip ahead a day now. The skip forward button only does it by the hour.

Close, that should be three hours for the skip fwd/back buttons.
Rewind button will move back a day.

-FFWD/RWD and SKIP+/- buttons control the EPG opposite of VIP models. It is also the opposite of logic and intuition. Logically and intuitively, SKIP should skip a day at a time, while FFWD should fast forward by a few hours at a time.

I wish the FFWD/RWD and SKIP+/- buttons controlled the EPG exactly like the VIP models as well. SKIP+/- buttons should skip the EPG 24 hours.

[*]Weather Channel app locks up, locked up one time, one time i got into it but trying to get out, the image stayed on the screen but i had channel audio but no video, had to do a reset to get it corrected both times

On Hopper, accessed to Weather Channel App. Once on the screen I could not get the Weather Channel App off, behind the app I could hear whatever channel I was tuned to but could not get the Weather Channel App off the screen. Turned off for the night and the next day it was OK.

I had the same problem trying to exit Weather Channel app. It stayed on screen and I could move the cursor around on the screen that was SUPPOSED to be showing. It was like the app was just overlayed on top of the real screen.

- Bug and Usability issue: Dish Online does not correctly show the actual timer setup. For example, I have Chasing Classic Cars set to record Only New, yet Dish Online says there will be 6 scheduled recordings this week. Of course, that's not what the Hopper's schedule says.

I can confirm that Dish Online shows all the timers whether they are supposed to be skipped or not. The Hopper's schedule and Dish Online are, in fact, not mirrored.

Last edited:
USABILITY:

(maybe bug?)

When connecting via Sling Adapter and all 3 tuners are in use, the browser will simply show a black screen saying "No Video Source." Very confusing if you don't know what's going on.

USABILITY:

When PTAT is on and recording, if you tune to one of your locals, the system should automatically direct you to PTAT's tuner and not take up another tuner needlessly. You can access the live PTAT feeds through the DVR menu but it should be seamless as many users probably wouldn't know better.

I noticed that when my on screen caller ID comes up and I am watching a recorded program clicking OK to remove it takes me back to live TV. Resume from the DVR after this starts the program over since it was not officially stopped. Not a big deal but an annoyance none the less.

UPDATE. The EHD problem was actually that it wasn't recognized the next day. Once I unplugged and plugged back in. I can access it on both. We'll see if it's there again tomorrow.

I noticed that when my on screen caller ID comes up and I am watching a recorded program clicking OK to remove it takes me back to live TV. Resume from the DVR after this starts the program over since it was not officially stopped. Not a big deal but an annoyance none the less.

I just tested that and I do not have that issue. I clicked OK and the recorded program continued....

I just found and plugged in my Sling adapter to the Hopper. When attempting to play back a recording on the Hopper using DishOnline.com, it played Sirius/XM Latino. No Bueno.

So, I tried again. Es lo mismo.

Tried uno mas time: Muy bueno. It played the video just fine.

Grabbed my Android tablet. Accessed the Hopper from the Dish Network app. Found the recording and clicked "Watch". There's that damn Sirius/XM Latino music again. No es muy bueno. I tried about cinco mas times and still no bueno.

Therefore, I can't access the programming from the Dish Network app. Although the guys building the house across the street are gonna amor it. :usa

Tried to play a old recording off the EHD and got an Error 00. Transferred it to the Hopper, and it plays fine. I'm going to transfer it back to the EHD and try it again.

The Closed Caption Service is broken again. When the 622 was intoduced the CC wouldn't work half the time and the other half would show nonsense words. One or two years ago the CC was fixed with an update and worked quite well in the 622,722, and the 922 but now the Hopper has returned to the original problems.

Barbara

My moca system seems to be weak. The installer used two taps and a three way splitter for a Duo Node 2 Hopper install and the Joeys(3) lose connection with the Hoppers and the Hoppers freeze up regularly. I'm wishing he'd used all available connections on the node and left the splitters out.

Last edited:
When you go into screen adjustment because the size increments are not small enough, sometimes you either have to make it too large or too small. Making it small seems to be the way to go because it seems to keep the TV screen signal still filling the screen but with the guide and all menus smaller. However, there's a bug when the guide and menus are adjusted smaller... when you use the guide for a bit, or scroll up and down fast, you come back to the TV screen and there's a little blotch (and sometimes two) at the bottom of the screen where the guide/menu end would be at the bottom. Those blotches will not go away unless you go back and adjust the screen again to zoom past those blotches. They will come back though if you zoom back to small again and start using the guide again. This is not my TV either because it does it on my 60" DLP via Hopper and 42" LCD on my Joey.

Jay

I have 1 Hopper and 1 Joey. The Hopper was on and I was using the Joey looking at what the Hopper was watching. It showed up as using 2 of the tuners but no indication of what the Hopper was actually displaying. So unless you know what the Hooper is displaying you don't know what Tuner to take over. While this isn't an issue most of the time, it does come into play when PTAT takes over the third Tuner.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)