QUESTION - What do you like about the Hopper

I agree with most of the stuff mentioned. One thing I have really appreciated is the ability to fine tune the TV stretch format. On my particular TV I had to reduce the screen size twice to read all the guide logos.

1. Fast and responsive.
2. Swap is on all the time.
3. Daily schedule is easy to get to. Use DVR key short cut.
4. PTAT
5. Red button allows you to see what each turner is doing
6. EHD
7. Sling

PIP, Primeime Anytime, On Demand setup even for hd movies and hdmtv shows the speed is amazing!

Last edited:
Primetime Anytime came in handy last night. Watched a show on NBC this morning called fairly legal. Not the greatest show ever made but it was not bad. I think the Primetime feature may open up some new shows for folks

Primetime Anytime came in handy last night. Watched a show on NBC this morning called fairly legal. Not the greatest show ever made but it was not bad. I think the Primetime feature may open up some new shows for folks
Be aware that was a one time only showing of Fairly Legal. It's normally on USA.

I love the fact if you are watching a programming recorded via PTAT, if you hit the end of what you were watching, it will kick over to the next show automatically (and seamlessly).

-Mike

Now that my Hopper system is back up and running-love the speedy on demand downloading, Prime Time Anytime, UI, joeys being able view both hoppers and speed of system

Enjoying the PIP feature, catching wings on one channel and pistons on another....and before put PIP on they where both in HD with the RSN and the RSN alternate :D

And Primetime Anytime came in handy, wife wanted to watch who do you think you are, we don't have timers set for that, I said dont worry PTAT will get it and now were watching it from the beginning

Last edited:
Now that my Hopper system is back up and running-love the speedy on demand downloading, Prime Time Anytime, UI, joeys being able view both hoppers and speed of system

Agreed. On demand is much better than it was on my 722k. With our 722 we could sometimes watch right away but more often than not we had to wait several hours first. I think it is more or less equivalent to cable on demand now while before it was a joke to even call it on demand.

On demand on the Hopper and Joey is basically instant. I Just watched the entire first season of Game of Thrones in HD on HBO on Demand this week so I could be caught up for the season 2 premier tonight.

Man I love PTAT. A guy at work asked if I had seen a new episode of a show. I didn't recall seeing it recorded and sure enough I had forgot to set the timer. But there it was in my PTAT folder. Another thing is there are some shows I don't really care to save but its cool that when nothing is on on the weekends or in the afternoon I can browse the PTAT folder for a random show to watch.

The speed of the guide and changing channels is my favorite thing. Much better when channel surfing. My buddy who has Directv came over to check it out and he was in love with the responsiveness and speed.

It took a little getting used to, all the program icons can be overwhelming at first glance, until you get to see what you can do with it. Every other day or so,
I just click on the shows I want to see for sure, and save the ones I might not get around to right away. Sometimes even ones I don't generally watch, which I would rarely do before.

I love having PTAT and not having to worry about if I am going to miss any shows. Also, because of PTAT, I like looking at the space still available even after my wife records every show on HGTV and not having to worry about it affecting most of my shows from the big 4.

I just got install on Tuesday and I have to say I love the response and speed of the guide and channel change. Love the receivers so far as well too. Coming from D* for me I see the difference in these things. Like that the guide is more than 1.5 hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)