Question with NY RSNs and Philly local

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mkelet

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2010
NJ
OK, so i live in zip code 08691, i have Philly local stations and the NY RSNs. This works most of the time for me as i am a Mets fan and get most games on SNY. However, any game that is on the local channel i can't get.

This just seems odd to me, i'm sure there are other areas of the country that have this issue. I am assuming i am just screwed out of the local NY channels?

Thanks for any insight.

Mike

I would rather have the NY locals, is that possible??

I get all of the NY games, and Mets vs. Phillies games are not blacked out on SNY.

Yep, Just tell D* that you live in that county.
And your supposed to get NY locals.

You will get My 9 and Wpix

You won't miss a single Mets game.
Unless something crazy happens and they can't air it, but thats a long shot.

The reason your blacked out, is because your in the Philly Local DMA, and your supposd to watch the game on Philly feed, or Local.

The game should have been on My 57, Was it?

Thats what it said on the schedule.

Hemi
I think he means the WPIX games for the Mets....he mentions NY RSN"s but Philly locals

Yep, WPIX games i miss. I'll try it and see how it goes.

Thanks guys for all your knowledge and help.

You will be forced to watch it locally, If you "move" to NY DMA, you will get the alternet Feeds.

Without Comcast Philidelphia, D* and E* have NO home teams or RSN's for Philly Sports in the Philly DMA.

You have the same issue, As we have here in PA with satellite, NY is our sports teams, But when the Yankees play on MY9 network, we can't get them, because D* isn't aloud to provide you with locals from 2 DMAs.
D* has gotton a little better, because we have a MY53 that will show Yankees and Philies in SD, And thats the luck of the draw, you never know for sure what game you'll get, But its better then it used to be.

But now that I have cable, we Get all but Fox 5 from NY.

Directv only gave us.

Scranton Wilkes Barre
  1. Wnep 16 abc HD
  2. wbre 28 nbc HD
  3. wyou 22 cbs HD
  4. wolf 56 fox HD
  5. wqmy 53 my SD
  6. wswb 38 cw SD
  7. wvia 44 pbs HD
  8. YES HD
  9. MSG HD
  10. MSG + HD
  11. SNY HD
Now our Cable add's to this

More HD's and NY,and Philly
  1. wcbs 2 cbs (NY) SD
  2. wnbc 4 nbc (NY) SD
  3. wabc 7 abc (NY) SD
  4. wwor 9 MY ( NY) HD
  5. WSWB 38 CW ( PA) HD
  6. Wpix 11 CW (NY) SD
  7. WQPX 64 Ion (PA) HD
  8. wpvi 6 abc (PA) Philly SD
  9. wnet 13 pbs (NY) SD
  10. Comcast Philadelphia HD
You never miss a game in my house now!

Thanks for the help guys. CSR said i couldn't get NY locals as i was in the Philadelphia market. Looks like i'm out of luck.

I'm in Hemi's neck of the woods and "moved" to get NYC locals. I live in the Scranton market, but subscribe to Extra Innings, so I won't miss a game.

"moved" to North Jersey...now i get NYC locals !!!

Thanks guys for all of your help and knowledge !!

Glad you asked about "moving" on this board. On some other boards, you wouldn't have received an answer.

exactly...and in some cases you are giving D* more money by moving (if your locals arent available and you move to a DMA that does have locals)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts