Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gerk11

Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
indiana
Hey guys i got a question i will be moving here the next few weeks but my mom is keeping the directv at here house. I only reason im not taking it is because we cant get it where i am living at but we will be getting directv when we get your house in 6 months. Anyways my question is my mom wants to downgrade to a dvr and get a cheaper package and get rid of hd i was just wandering if there would be any cost to doing this any help would be nice thanks

Hey guys i got a question i will be moving here the next few weeks but my mom is keeping the directv at here house. I only reason im not taking it is because we cant get it where i am living at but we will be getting directv when we get your house in 6 months. Anyways my question is my mom wants to downgrade to a dvr and get a cheaper package and get rid of hd i was just wandering if there would be any cost to doing this any help would be nice thanks

To downgrade her package should not be a problem, depending on what rec. is being used they could actually turn off the HD portion and allow her to continue using the existing rec.
Not sure if this is how they will handle it, but they could do that.
There was a time when , if you had a HD rec. you had to have the HD package, but apparently they no longer have that policy as a friend of mine wqas given a H20 and they do not have HD sets so they don't need the HD and that was OK.

You'll have to call them and see what they have to say.

Jimbo

Let's se if I understand your question. You have a DirecTV account at your Mom's House. And, you will be moving in a few weeks, but your Mom will keep the account active, but wants to downgrade to an SD DVR with a less expensive programming package. The only cost I can think of is that she'll need to lease/buy the SD DVR. This may incur an additional commitment. But, the only way to know is to call DirecTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)