Questionable HR44 Behavior

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blackloz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Minot,ND
Tonight I turned on the HR44 it was fine and after a few minutes I switched over to Bell for about 40 minutes. After I switched back to the HR44 it was frozen on the channel it was on. I switched it to the local NBC which ran for about 4 mins then also froze. I did a clear my box and after it came back I noticed every second or third channel in the guide was grayed out. After another 10 minutes the channels lighted up in the guide again and all appears to be working again. I thought for a minute the HDD was failing. Good thing I was recently pondering adding a 3TB EHD soon.

No it's well ventilated
799a73045057df5ba8a9f4d1007d27fa.jpg

No Minot ND. But I'm a duel citizen and my wife is Canadian, we have a home their as well and both services work great here and their.

I'm sure the HDD is not why I'm seeing freezing on live tv but I've been looking into it and I think I'm going to replace the internal HDD with a 3 TB Western Digital Red or Black drive and keep the original drive in case this receiver has to go back to DirecTV.

Wouldn't you void the warranty by opening the Genie? Don't know if you can still return it if ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was reading up on it at the other site. They have step by step instructions. I don't deal with DirecTV anyway. I've always got my equipment from a local dealer. I will keep the original HDD just in case it ever does have to go back to DirecTV.

I was reading up on it at the other site. They have step by step instructions. I don't deal with DirecTV anyway. I've always got my equipment from a local dealer. I will keep the original HDD just in case it ever does have to go back to DirecTV.
Then track down the real issue.

If it's not doing it on recordings, its not generally gonna be the HD.

LNB ? Power Insertor ?

The other receivers have no issues. So far tonight it's fine. I might reset the P.I. And see. I've wanted to upgrade the HDD for a long time. I wish I did it before I activated it.

The other receivers have no issues. So far tonight it's fine. I might reset the P.I. And see. I've wanted to upgrade the HDD for a long time. I wish I did it before I activated it.
You didn't say you had other D* recvrs, what all is on the D* system ?

HR44,HR24 H24. The HR24 used to freeze up from time to time as well. After I'd turn it on it would be frozen or black screen. As soon as I'd change channel it was fixed, where with the 44 when I change channels it would work but only for a few minutes then it would freeze again. There's no pixilation or signal break up of any kind and the recordings play back fine. When it does this the only thing that clears it up is RBR/Clear My Box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts