questions about dish pro PLUS twin LNB

gpuvalowski

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
What is the difference between the regular dish pro LNB and dish pro plus lnb. If I understand right if I have a 311 and 322 reciever I need the 34 swtich to run them both

but with the dish pro plus LNB I could run both of them with no switch.

Please either confirm or if im wrong correct me.

Thanks

What is the difference between the regular dish pro LNB and dish pro plus lnb. If I understand right if I have a 311 and 322 reciever I need the 34 swtich to run them both

but with the dish pro plus LNB I could run both of them with no switch.

Please either confirm or if im wrong correct me.

Thanks
You understand correctly. The Plus LNB will feed a dual-tuner receiver with one cable (but you'll need a DP Separator at the receiver to split that cable, so that you can connect to both inputs there).

Also the Dish Pro Plus Twin will run legacy rcvr's as well
as long as you have a dp or dp plus rcvr on port 1 (left side) and the legacy on port 2 (right side) and as the other fella stated.. the far right is an inport for another SAT*

The

You could run your 311 and 322 of a dish pro LNB as long is it was a Quad LNB. ( 4 ports). You would have to run one port to your 311 and two other ports to the 322, one of them going to the satellite 1 input and one going to the satellite 2 input.
A dish pro would not give you enough ports to run both those receivers without a switch.
The Dish pro plus would run both receivers fine. Like mdonnelly said above though, you would need a separator on the line coming to the 322 to seperate the signal to sat one and two inputs.

I love the DPP, it runs everything, saves cable, allows you to diplex jobs and use the same line to feed the second tv..... their great.

Caution: The Dish Pro PLUS will only work with the DPP44 switch if you ever need additional receivers.

The manual states: The Dish Pro Plus Twin LNBF is NOT compatible with the Dish Pro 34 switch in an installation. Do not install these devices together in any system, including trunked switch installations which contain Dish Pro 34 switches.

Caution: The Dish Pro PLUS will only work with the DPP44 switch if you ever need additional receivers.

The manual states: The Dish Pro Plus Twin LNBF is NOT compatible with the Dish Pro 34 switch in an installation. Do not install these devices together in any system, including trunked switch installations which contain Dish Pro 34 switches.
I've seen that, and I've seen somewhere else that they can work together. My installer put the Dish 1000 DPP Twin into a DP34 here almost two years ago, and it's still working fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts