Questions about DishPro LNBs

Faw

Faw

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 25, 2005
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
First of all, I live in Puerto Rico, we need 2 dishes one for 119 and another for 110. Now to my questions.

I want to use DishPro LNBs. I imagine I will need Dish-Pro SINGLE LNBs for each dish, right? I guess the duals wont work because both will try to get 119/110 but I don't know.

Is this like a square to D-style adapter? I ask because one of the dishes uses square tubing and I could use something like this to install the LNB without much problems. The other dish just has a clamp that grabs the neck of the LNB (does that config has a name?). I know that I can remove the cover of the DishPro LNB and use it but is it ok?

Now if I can install the LNBs, how would I do the cabling? My guess is split both singles and then use 2 DP21PRO switches (or one DP34) to merge the 119/110 signal into one cable. That way I would get 119/110 on each cable and feed it to my 522. Is that right?

mudder1310

mudder1310

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 14, 2004
Beaverton, Or
I just want to clarify a few things first.
A single LNB only picks up one satellite and only has one output port.
A dual LNB picks up one sat but has two ports
A twin LNB gets two sats and has two ports.

So to run two receivers with two dishes you will need...

1. 2 dp singles, 2 dp splitters, 2 dp21 or one dp 34.
or
2. 2 dp duals, 2 dp21 or one dp34
or
3. 2 legacy duals, 2 legacy sw21

One line from each lnb to each switch, from the switch to the receiver.

Faw

Faw

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 25, 2005
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
mudder1310 said:
I just want to clarify a few things first.
A single LNB only picks up one satellite and only has one output port.
A dual LNB picks up one sat but has two ports
A twin LNB gets two sats and has two ports.

Glad I asked! I thought dual & twin were the same.

mudder1310 said:
So to run two receivers with two dishes you will need...

1. 2 dp singles, 2 dp splitters, 2 dp21 or one dp 34.
or
2. 2 dp duals, 2 dp21 or one dp34
or
3. 2 legacy duals, 2 legacy sw21

So good, 2 DP duals one dp34 seems to be the best choice, it looks like duals are easier to find and cheaper than singles (which I find strange). Another question, can I use DishPro duals with a DishPro Plus switch? I ask because old receivers will not need legacy adapters.

mudder1310

mudder1310

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 14, 2004
Beaverton, Or
You can use dp duals with a dpp44 but I think you need at least one of your receivers to be dishpro, like a 301 or newer. If you have two legacy receivers (2800, 4000, etc) then I would go with two legacy duals and two legacy sw21.

boba

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
The question about the "I" adapter, no it is not for adapting rectangular tube to "D" tube LNBs. The I adapter replaces the "Y" tube on DISH 500 Dishes to maintain the correct focal length when used at 61.5 or 148 with single LNBs.

Faw

Faw

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 25, 2005
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
boba said:
The question about the "I" adapter, no it is not for adapting rectangular tube to "D" tube LNBs. The I adapter replaces the "Y" tube on DISH 500 Dishes to maintain the correct focal length when used at 61.5 or 148 with single LNBs.

I know that, but could it be used for it? If you remove the Y adapter from the Dish500 dish could you fit a legacy LNB in the square tube? I know the distance will be wrong but if it fits I could use the "I" adapter in my dish. Of course I will have to shorten the original square tube so when I add the adapter it will keep the same distance it had.