Questions about DishPro LNBs

Faw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
First of all, I live in Puerto Rico, we need 2 dishes one for 119 and another for 110. Now to my questions.

I want to use DishPro LNBs. I imagine I will need Dish-Pro SINGLE LNBs for each dish, right? I guess the duals wont work because both will try to get 119/110 but I don't know.

Is this like a square to D-style adapter? I ask because one of the dishes uses square tubing and I could use something like this to install the LNB without much problems. The other dish just has a clamp that grabs the neck of the LNB (does that config has a name?). I know that I can remove the cover of the DishPro LNB and use it but is it ok?

Now if I can install the LNBs, how would I do the cabling? My guess is split both singles and then use 2 DP21PRO switches (or one DP34) to merge the 119/110 signal into one cable. That way I would get 119/110 on each cable and feed it to my 522. Is that right?

I just want to clarify a few things first.
A single LNB only picks up one satellite and only has one output port.
A dual LNB picks up one sat but has two ports
A twin LNB gets two sats and has two ports.

So to run two receivers with two dishes you will need...

1. 2 dp singles, 2 dp splitters, 2 dp21 or one dp 34.
or
2. 2 dp duals, 2 dp21 or one dp34
or
3. 2 legacy duals, 2 legacy sw21

One line from each lnb to each switch, from the switch to the receiver.

mudder1310 said:
I just want to clarify a few things first.
A single LNB only picks up one satellite and only has one output port.
A dual LNB picks up one sat but has two ports
A twin LNB gets two sats and has two ports.

Glad I asked! I thought dual & twin were the same.

mudder1310 said:
So to run two receivers with two dishes you will need...

1. 2 dp singles, 2 dp splitters, 2 dp21 or one dp 34.
or
2. 2 dp duals, 2 dp21 or one dp34
or
3. 2 legacy duals, 2 legacy sw21

So good, 2 DP duals one dp34 seems to be the best choice, it looks like duals are easier to find and cheaper than singles (which I find strange). Another question, can I use DishPro duals with a DishPro Plus switch? I ask because old receivers will not need legacy adapters.

You can use dp duals with a dpp44 but I think you need at least one of your receivers to be dishpro, like a 301 or newer. If you have two legacy receivers (2800, 4000, etc) then I would go with two legacy duals and two legacy sw21.

The question about the "I" adapter, no it is not for adapting rectangular tube to "D" tube LNBs. The I adapter replaces the "Y" tube on DISH 500 Dishes to maintain the correct focal length when used at 61.5 or 148 with single LNBs.

boba said:
The question about the "I" adapter, no it is not for adapting rectangular tube to "D" tube LNBs. The I adapter replaces the "Y" tube on DISH 500 Dishes to maintain the correct focal length when used at 61.5 or 148 with single LNBs.

I know that, but could it be used for it? If you remove the Y adapter from the Dish500 dish could you fit a legacy LNB in the square tube? I know the distance will be wrong but if it fits I could use the "I" adapter in my dish. Of course I will have to shorten the original square tube so when I add the adapter it will keep the same distance it had.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)