Questions about local HD channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

memo90061

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 26, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I'm looking for the cheapest package I could have with locals and DVR. I'm now thinking about Dish Latino Plus DVR pack. Will I get the local channels in HD?

I have another question. If I don't have HD I will be charged 5 dollars a month? It said something about that. :/

Last edited:
If you have an HD receiver (211, 622, 722, etc), there is a HD enabling fee of $5 or 6 per month, whether or not you subscribe to an HD pkg (this my experience anyway).

I sub to the Dish Family pkg ($20/mo) (not currently a Dish HD pkg) + locals ($5/mo). Half of my locals are HD and their sister stations are the standard digital transmission.

The DVR fee is an additional $6/mo (if you don't sub to the DVR Advantage program; which basically waives the DVR fee).

Thank you for your reply! :D

I haven't seen the HD enabling fee on the bill. :O

I just want the Dish Latino package with DVR. I don't know what to do. I'm trying to get the bill to be below 50. I noticed I don't even watch so much tv. I only use the DVR to record shows on local channels and on Telehit which is on Dish Latino.

The HD enabling fee used to be $7/month. Did it retreat?

Is there any chance that you can get the HD locals OTA?

The DISH Latino packages represent no savings over Dish Family or Classic Bronze 100.

I guess it did go down. :O It says it's 5 dollars now.

I can my locals over the air but there are a lot of shows that air when I'm in school, which is why I don't want to lose the DVR service. The reason I'm with Dish right is because of their DVR and only Dish has Telehit. Telehit is one of my favorite channels and it's only on the DISH Latino packages.

I was thinking about buying the DTVPAL DVR just for the DVR and maybe cancel Dish. I would hate to do that though.

The enabeling fee went back DOWN to $5.00 . It was originally 5.00 then went up to 7.00 and now back down to 5.00 . THis is a made up fee that they can go up and down on at will. If you want hd to be the norm then you should do as Directv does and make you take an hd pack if you have the hd receiver. This makes sense and then everyone will want the better picture quality as well. The way DISH does it is they will punish you for not having hd and you pay half of what you would to NOT have hd.

DVR Advantage does not waive the DVR fee, it knocks it down to $5 from $5.98 on each DVR.

Prior to this year's rate change, when combined with the previous rate freeze on some packages, the DVR fee was essentially $2 on the first DVR and the full $5.98 on each extra.

You also get a $3.00 credit with Dvr advanatage through 2009 . SO it will knock down your bill by $3.98. Now next year ? Who knows how much it will go up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)