Status
Please reply by conversation.

James leandre

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
26.4 N, 81.4 W
How is everyone doing today?

I'm setting up a Primestar dish for a friend.
What switch do you guys recommend to combine the V and L Ports
,so that he can view both on one satellite. Later on, he wants to add a motor to the primestar dish. What motor fixs exactly in the primestar dish.The primestar dish is a 36 inch.

easiest way to combine the H & V Is to get a directv 2x4 or 3x4 multiswitch. Then you can hook up to 4 receivers from it :)

Attachments

• 204789992_tp.jpg
    204789992_tp.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 171
good luck with the hong kong seller on ebay, maybe it will be there within a month if you're lucky.

the one iceberg showed will do the same thing but you could connect up to 4 receivers to it.

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/netbuilder/2044344814/in/photostream/"]Final Dish Mount With Motor on Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2023/2044344814_88a8f2aa54_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@2044344814@@AMEPARAM@@88a8f2aa54[/ame]
This guy has some good pictures showing how to install a motor. I recommend replacing the original LNB with a BSC321S-2. This will combine the H and V on one cable, but more important is it weighs a lot less than the original Primestar LNB, so you end up with less stress on the motor.

Don't over-tighten the U-bolts for the motor mount, or you're going to have problems getting the dish to track correctly. I learned that the hard way.

The Primestars are heavy dishes. If you intend to motorize one, you will probably have to take some weight off the dish. The AZ-EL mount on these dishes accounts for much of their weight. There are many posts here on SatelliteGuys which chronicle the various ways members have adapted Primestars to motors.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)