Questions about The Hopper?

You could put the two hoppers in the garage for that matter and use Joeys at all TV locations. They all access the same material.

I'll have the hoppers in my HT equipment closet and all remote TVs will use Joeys. Makes the wiring easier and all of the gear in the HT closet is on a UPS so the units won't have to worry about power failures/brownouts causing drives to die an early death.

The Hopper does the work, but any Hopper or Joey can access it.

Good to know, thanks! I thought joeys could not access prime time!

Stupid question.....but from the Joey would you see the primetime anytime tiles and such to choose the show you want to watch

You could put the two hoppers in the garage for that matter and use Joeys at all TV locations. They all access the same material.
Still, a Hopper also doubles as an outlet (with more connection options and PIP). Why would you put 2 hoppers in the same room, let alone a garage that may be inaccessible for TV viewing? You are just wasting a $7 outlet fee by not hooking a Hopper output(s) directly to a TV.

Good to know, thanks! I thought joeys could not access prime time!

Stupid question.....but from the Joey would you see the primetime anytime tiles and such to choose the show you want to watch

Correct. Hopper has all the stream resources (i.e. the tuners and the stored content via DVR). Streams are sent to the Joeys for playback.

I know everyone does things in their own way, or at least some of us do, myself included. But with all the talk of the first Joey having an access fee, this seems to be the other extreme - two receivers not connected to a TV, so paying two extra set of fees, with less features......

I know everyone does things in their own way, or at least some of us do, myself included. But with all the talk of the first Joey having an access fee, this seems to be the other extreme - two receivers not connected to a TV, so paying two extra set of fees, with less features......
Depending on where your TVs are, some may consider wall fishing an HDMI cable to another outlet. then you'd have the best of both worlds. Clean install and you wouldn't lose an outlet by putting them in a central closet.

Of course that's assuming the remotes penetrate walls decently well.

who says 2 aren't connected? assumption made on facts not in evidence.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Sounds like ads on Wednesday, orders on Thursday.

IOW, if I were a CSR, I'd be out sick on Wednesday!

The 2-Hopper limit is driven by the band-stacking limit: Three coax from dish or switch can only support a max of six tuners.

Wrong!!!!! Its all a business decision. Hardware wise you could have 3 DPP44 feeding three maybe even four duo nodes but your hoppers would be on separate "networks" of two hoppers each.

Exactly, this is an unreleased product and at the moment everything is beta and will be beta until the product is released...

Some folks dont seem to get that. :)
And some have no clue of business rules of SW Dept, at least in part of releases and handling these ...

You can tell anything, but spool is a fact what you can't overturn. Look what models covering now by beta versions on transponders - for ALL h2k. Which has production FW S2.02 two days ago, geez ... these kids ...

Wrong!!!!! Its all a business decision. Hardware wise you could have 3 DPP44 feeding three maybe even four duo nodes but your hoppers would be on separate "networks" of two hoppers each.

True, if you want to bring 6 - 12+ lines into the house! I said "Three coax from the dish or switch.." could only support six tuners.

Smith said:
And some have no clue of business rules of SW Dept, at least in part of releases and handling these ...

You can tell anything, but spool is a fact what you can't overturn. Look what models covering now by beta versions on transponders - for ALL h2k. Which has production FW S2.02 two days ago, geez ... these kids ...

Again once again you prove you have no clue at all what your talking about.

Smith said:
Clue is on transponders. I'm done with hear-say of dominating ...

You have zero clue other then the changing software numbers on th satellite, you have no idea at all what the software contains. Your making a mountain out of a molehill when there is no reason for concern.

They are just doing final work to get this product out the door, with lots of updates with changes they are making updates to, no more and no less.ni expect a number of additional releases before the big roll out next week.

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts