Questions about the new XiP Receivers?

This is probably obvious, but are the 110 boxes designed to be able to mount to the back of a flat panel television with a wall-mount? My whole thing is that I want my TV's on the wall with no cables visible and not having to have the box sitting on a counter somewhere. It would also help if they had an RF remote.

This is probably obvious, but are the 110 boxes designed to be able to mount to the back of a flat panel television with a wall-mount? My whole thing is that I want my TV's on the wall with no cables visible and not having to have the box sitting on a counter somewhere. It would also help if they had an RF remote.
Yes they are and will come with the necessary stuff to mount it to the back of your TV. :)

They are in the business of making money and need to recoup their investment cost to develop the new platform. Ultimately it would be for everyone based on cost alone just like the 922 with its additional fee.

They are in the business of making money and need to recoup their investment cost to develop the new platform. Ultimately it would be for everyone based on cost alone just like the 922 with its additional fee.

True . I 'm sure they will charge some kind of dvr fee like the 922 at $10.00 a month. But the 110 boxes ,which are necessary for true multi room viewing , will most likely come with a new monthly fee as well. IF additional receiver fees are any indicator ,they will be some where in that neighborhood. If they do charge too much for this whole house dvr and dvr fee and 110 fee, I will stay with what I already have and just add the sling extender to my 722k and finally have tv 2 in hd , IF it ever makes it to market. Either way I am betting the sling extender will make it to market before the Xip 813/110 system does.

True . I 'm sure they will charge some kind of dvr fee like the 922 at $10.00 a month. But the 110 boxes ,which are necessary for true multi room viewing , will most likely come with a new monthly fee as well. IF additional receiver fees are any indicator ,they will be some where in that neighborhood. If they do charge too much for this whole house dvr and dvr fee and 110 fee, I will stay with what I already have and just add the sling extender to my 722k and finally have tv 2 in hd , IF it ever makes it to market. Either way I am betting the sling extender will make it to market before the Xip 813/110 system does.

It will definitely be a nice to have NOT a must have and I agree that the extender will be LONG BEFORE the new platform is launched.

I wonder how much the price & fees will drop on the 922 after the 813 comes out.
I would not be a bit surprised if the 922 was quietly phased out of the Dish line up. The 922 is a interesting unit, personally I have enjoyed the exercise, but for the regular consumer it seems to have been uncooperative, buggy, and very beta. Having to reset the unit to get the Caller ID to work regularly is not a good sign, let alone the Sling issues, TV2, incomplete menu stuff and the self deleting the recorded programs problems.......bring on the Xbox, I can't wait for something new to play with. I imagine it will be better in some ways, and just as frustrating as the 922 in others, bring it, the sooner the better.

I love my 722. all I want is to be able to extend it to my 2nd TV in HD. I hope they just take the 722 software and put it in that box with what ever software update to support the new hardware.

I love my 722. all I want is to be able to extend it to my 2nd TV in HD. I hope they just take the 722 software and put it in that box with what ever software update to support the new hardware.

Not going to happen. It is going to be based on the 922 interface per the reports from Team Summit

from an installer point of view being able to use RG59 is good but you can bet Dish will still make RG6 a requirement to be run even if the 59 is run all through walls and whatever. lol

from an installer point of view being able to use RG59 is good but you can bet Dish will still make RG6 a requirement to be run even if the 59 is run all through walls and whatever. lol

Because with Dish the installer labor is the main part of the expense not the difference in cost of RG59 vs RG6.

Because with Dish the installer labor is the main part of the expense not the difference in cost of RG59 vs RG6.

But you will still be allowed to use it cause the box can use it yet how Dish and it's RSP like to screw over Techs from hard earned money is to have the jobs inspected and fail them on a core which is likely to take every $ made on the job although the cable is perfectly fine. Keep in mind many homes (new homes) still have RG59 in them run through the walls to each room so in many cases unless the customer can stand to see more holes not needed and more wire in plain sight the RG59 would be more than ok to go with in this and other cases. I just get really tired of being able to use what is there that works PERFECT and get hit cause today it was ok, tomorrow it is type mentality.

Right now I have 4 722's feeding 8 TV's in my house and all the receivers are located in a utility closet. As much as I couldn't wait for this Whole House DVR to be a reality, I'm thinking that all of the 110 boxes I'd need would raise my bill a bit too much (it's already $195/mo). It'll be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Also, right now I have some security cameras and a DVD Megachanger modulated and multiplexed to all of my TV's, so I'm wondering if you'll still be able to do this with this system?

Right now I have 4 722's feeding 8 TV's in my house and all the receivers are located in a utility closet. As much as I couldn't wait for this Whole House DVR to be a reality, I'm thinking that all of the 110 boxes I'd need would raise my bill a bit too much (it's already $195/mo). It'll be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Also, right now I have some security cameras and a DVD Megachanger modulated and multiplexed to all of my TV's, so I'm wondering if you'll still be able to do this with this system?

That's a bit premature. We don't even know what the cost is going to be yet.