Questions about the new XiP Receivers?

That's a bit premature. We don't even know what the cost is going to be yet.

If it's more than $0 each than I guess I am being a bit premature. :) I'm talking about my situation. I have 8 TV's so even if they only charged $5 each that would add $40 to my monthly bill which is already up there.

Also, right now I have some security cameras and a DVD Megachanger modulated and multiplexed to all of my TV's, so I'm wondering if you'll still be able to do this with this system?
Unless you have Ethernet ready security cameras, they're not going to play well with any kind of digital TV distribution system.

They are still looking to hand off the product to DISH in November...

I still however don't believe we will see it until next year.

Yes I hear it is in final beta now. ;)

Great! I can't wait to get my hands one of these sling extenders. If it works good I might get two and do away with my kid's 211 and he can watch tv2 in hd the one or two times a day he watches tv. He is obsessed with Xbox live and stays on this thing from morning to night. I could save the $7.00 monthly fee.

OK guys, operations question here.

I've just now discovered that the DirecTV DVRs can only stream one program at a time. A friend of mine has four HR24s, but when the second and third DVRs want to watch something off the first DVR, only one program can be accessed. Does anyone know if Dish has managed to get around this kind of limitation? It seems to me that this is kind of a deal killer and an argument starter, if three members of the same family want to watch something recorded on the same DVR at the same time.

There are three separate tuners so I don't see why three different shows could be accessed from the DVR. You're able to watch two different recordings from the dual tuners now.

Actually, the two are not connected. The DirecTV boxes have two tuners and can download a third stream from the on-demand service, and all can be active at the same time. But regardless of tuner/download status, the boxes can only output ONE stream to a remote location. If you have three receivers and 2 and 3 want to watch different programs, tough luck.

Actually, the two are not connected. The DirecTV boxes have two tuners and can download a third stream from the on-demand service, and all can be active at the same time. But regardless of tuner/download status, the boxes can only output ONE stream to a remote location. If you have three receivers and 2 and 3 want to watch different programs, tough luck.

that's so not cool....

So ... this could have been answered ... I sincerely did read the first 7 pages for this thread ...

If the XiP has 3 satellite tuners ...

Currently I have a 1000.2 with one cable running to my 722, supporting 2 satellite tuners.

Will I need to run another cable to my XiP receiver to support 3 satellite tuners?

That depende on whether Dish triple stacks the channels or continues to double stack with DPP technology.

Nobody knows, as of yet.

According to the wiring diagrams and photos, you would need 2 cables from the dish for one 813, and all 3 for two 813's.