making dvd

larryf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
Recently ordered a pay-per-movie and dvr,d it. When i went to make a dvd, I could only get it to do letterbox. Is there anyway to set my receiver , a 622, to record an hd movie in full screen? When I watched it live, it was full screen hd. Using a toshiba dvd recoder. thanks.

I don't think you can put TV2 outputs into anamorphic widescreen mode. Which output were you using?

Wow, you can make DVDs of PPV movies you DVR? I figured digital rights management technologies would prevent that kind of thing- trying to get you to buy the DVD at full price rather than paying a rental price and getting to keep the movie. That kind of surprises me. I've never had DVR, so I only hear about these things second-hand.

I don't think you can put TV2 outputs into anamorphic widescreen mode. Which output were you using?
I can use the * key on my TV2 remote to toggle between letterbox and pan&scan 4x3 mode on widescreen HD content. Is that what you want?

The best way to make compatible DVD's is to modify the DVD ifo file and set the 16x9 , Letter Box and pan & scan flag. Now will you'll
an anamorphic dvd that will play full screen on a 16x9 tv and play a letterbox on a 4x3 tv, or play full screen on a 4x3 tv depending on
how the DVD Player aspect ratio is set.
Using IfoEdit: Setting the 16:9 Flag | Articles - Digital Digest
Download IFOEdit v0.971 (freeware) - AfterDawn: Software downloads

Alternatively, you can set your dish 622 dvr hdtv aspect ratio settings to 4x3 #2 for the transfer to your toshiba dvd recorder. Your tv also has a setting on how
to handel 4x3 and should be set to full screen.

I can use the * key on my TV2 remote to toggle between letterbox and pan&scan 4x3 mode on widescreen HD content. Is that what you want?

Heavens no! We (and presumably the OP) don't want to chop off the sides of our widescreen presentation and turn it into 4:3. We want to record the anamorphic widescreen SD signal, winding up with something just like most commercial DVDs.

Alternatively, you can set your dish 622 dvr hdtv aspect ratio settings to 4x3 #2 for the transfer to your toshiba dvd recorder.

Is that the anamorphic widescreen setting?

Recently ordered a pay-per-movie and dvr,d it. When i went to make a dvd, I could only get it to do letterbox. Is there anyway to set my receiver , a 622, to record an hd movie in full screen? When I watched it live, it was full screen hd. Using a toshiba dvd recoder. thanks.

So is this the reason they will all go with HDCP?.

What is HDCP (high definition copy protocol)?;):eek:

using tv 1. Get the same letter box effect on 211 and EHD. Can,t get either one to produce full screen output.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts