Questions about the new XiP Receivers?

That's the funny part I had it in my hands January 2011, it looked like a real functional Sling Extender, not a mockup, a real device. The only thing I can figure is they've had a lot of problems with it in testing.
its funny what happens when you paint a brick... feels real, solid, etc.. ;)

Any more info on release dates for this stuff? Should we start a pool?

I got a dollar that says it's announced at CES in January, with great fanfare. And, released in late Spring 2012, at the earliest. But, more likely in the Fall of 2012. And, sometime in 2013 before all the bugs are out and all the features are activated.

whats the difference between the 922 and tbe 813???

thanks

Answer: 109:D

Or in the case of the 813 ,it would be 110 . As in the new 110 unit that you have to have to have to get hd on all the other tvs in your house. The whole house dvr requires them and they will most likely have a new sub receiver FEE to go with it . The 922 is still based on the same hd on tv 1 and Sd on tv2 concept we have had since the 622.

Answer: 109:D

Or in the case of the 813 ,it would be 110 . As in the new 110 unit that you have to have to have to get hd on all the other tvs in your house. The whole house dvr requires them and they will most likely have a new sub receiver FEE to go with it . The 922 is still based on the same hd on tv 1 and Sd on tv2 concept we have had since the 622.

And if you only want HD on one TV, don't have multiple viewing locations, then a 922 or 722 would be the better option.

AFAIK the DirecTV Whole house DVR solution requires a receiver at every TV.

It has 3 satellite tuners, and also supports plug-in USB ATSC tuners. Don't know how many of those are supported.

The 813 has three HD tuners. You are suppose to be able to add another 813 to the account for a total of six HD tuners. I also believe they will have the capability of adding OTA.

I am curious as to why the 813 has 2 Ethernet ports ? I also noticed the 110 has an Ethernet port, however nothing was mentioned in the manual about it (I missed it if it was).

When I wired the house I ran 2 RG6 & 1 Ethernet to each TV/ phone location, so I am anxiously waiting for the official release. Although bases on Dishes past performance I might wait till it is out a while before switching.

New to the discussion here, but I don't see the PIP as a make it or break it issue. I have my 922 set up in single mode, and I use the PIP exactly none of the time, unless I'm showing someone the different things the rcvr can do. Even with a 58" tv, it's more aggravating than it is useful. It seems like more of a novelty to me. Never used my 722 for PIP, and I don't use my 222 for it either.

Joe customer doesn't have the tech savvy to even understand how to switch between solo and duo mode on these receivers without getting confused and having to call a CSR to get them back where they started. It's not even something I include in my cust ed 99% of the time.