Questions, about to get Directv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

insomniahead

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
All of the jargon used has gotten me really confused. I am somewhat of a technophile, but amoungst you guys I am nothing! I am a huge OU Sooners fan and I live in a small town in Oklahoma. ABC and FSW covers all of our games. Usually my Sooners will be broadcast in HD once or twice a year. I HATE abc's HD coverage. I heard it was lack of HD cameras? Anyway, will switching to Directv give me more OU games in HD? Also, what are the 100 new HD channels coming to D*? I asked the represntitive at Directv and she acted is if I was a madman! How does having different local affiliates benefit us? Is itb/c say we get a local affliate in Chicago, so we will see the Bears and Cubs games? How does NFL ticket survive if we get all the local channels of major cities? Also, what is the best package availble out there from new customers. I see there are many sites out there with different types of promotions and such, which is the best? Lastly, do you guys feel the pq of Directv is as good as cable? I have had cable my entire life and I am a little bit nervous about switching, then again the 170.00 price tag is incentive enough for the move to D*

Sorry about all the questions, I just am really really confused!

Thanks in advance guys.

Insom

All of the jargon used has gotten me really confused. I am somewhat of a technophile, but amoungst you guys I am nothing! I am a huge OU Sooners fan and I live in a small town in Oklahoma. ABC and FSW covers all of our games. Usually my Sooners will be broadcast in HD once or twice a year. I HATE abc's HD coverage. I heard it was lack of HD cameras? Anyway, will switching to Directv give me more OU games in HD? Also, what are the 100 new HD channels coming to D*? I asked the represntitive at Directv and she acted is if I was a madman! How does having different local affiliates benefit us? Is itb/c say we get a local affliate in Chicago, so we will see the Bears and Cubs games? How does NFL ticket survive if we get all the local channels of major cities? Also, what is the best package availble out there from new customers. I see there are many sites out there with different types of promotions and such, which is the best? Lastly, do you guys feel the pq of Directv is as good as cable? I have had cable my entire life and I am a little bit nervous about switching, then again the 170.00 price tag is incentive enough for the move to D*

Sorry about all the questions, I just am really really confused!

Thanks in advance guys.

Insom
ABC is owned by Disney ESPN is owned by Disney do you really believe there is a shortage of HDTV cameras?
FCC rules only allow you to receive your local channels by satellite for you that would be ADA/Sherman locals D* dosen't uplink those channels. You will need a TV antenna to get those if you want ABC you won't get it from either satellite service seeing it is not uplinked by either provider. What $170 price are you referring to?

As a new customer right now D* only has one promotion subscribe to the NFL Sundat Ticket for $69.99 for 4 months and get premier free for those 4 months. Admitedly there is a side promotion of $5 off a basic package for the same 4 months but who is going to be swayed by a $20 savings.

If i get the antenna, is there anyway of making the local channels in HD?

ABC is owned by Disney ESPN is owned by Disney do you really believe there is a shortage of HDTV cameras?
FCC rules only allow you to receive your local channels by satellite for you that would be ADA/Sherman locals D* dosen't uplink those channels. You will need a TV antenna to get those if you want ABC you won't get it from either satellite service seeing it is not uplinked by either provider. What $170 price are you referring to?

As a new customer right now D* only has one promotion subscribe to the NFL Sundat Ticket for $69.99 for 4 months and get premier free for those 4 months. Admitedly there is a side promotion of $5 off a basic package for the same 4 months but who is going to be swayed by a $20 savings.

Current offer is Sunday Ticket $69.99 and free Premier for 4 months + free HD box or $100 off HD-DVDR + free install + $50 Gift Card + $100 Mail in Rebate (in the form of 10 - $10 service credits). All or a portion of the deal is online only.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts