Questions For Dish Network

Nobody has mentioned online DVR programming. D* has it, E* had it for a while in beta. If and when might it return?

Ditto the IR control of TV2.

Any more on plans for integrating SlingBox and Dish products?

On the 622/722 - how about an IR code or easier way of turning on and off closed captioning?

How much longer is Dish going to sit back and continue to lose customers at the rate they currently are? Are they doing this on purpose to set themselves up for a sell?

When are they going to step up and get back into the game?

A few questions:

1. Roughly, what will be the Dish In It Up Price from a 622 or 722 to 922 as well as the actual price of a 922?
2. Will the new guides, first featured here, for 922 be on all VIP series?
3. What about On Demand content (not just PPV) in the future?
4. MLB Channel . . . has Charlie even thought about it or reconsidered?

Have fun at the show guys!

7 different questions...

1. Any news on GolTV?
2. When does Dish expect to have 100% coverage of all local market affiliates?
3. How is Dish going to go about the cropping of the DT stations that no longer broadcast 4:3 for those who do not get their locals in HD?
4. Any idea when the deadline is for transitioning all of the internationals off of 61.5/148 to 119k?
5. Why wait until Q3 this year to fully secure your system with N3 when you can just do it now?
6. When is Western Arc going to swap to MPEG 4 like Eastern Arc is now? How are they going to go about upgrading all of the non-Mpeg 4 recievers.
7. How is Dish's service in Mexico going to affect its American subscribers, if at all?

One more to throw in

8. What will be happening with AAD once the digital transition deadline happens next month? Will this allow Echostar to once again provide distant networks? If not, when will AAD be offering HD versions (or at least a 16:9 ratio) of the stations in question?

They keep coming to me...

9. Any news on the Fox negotiations for Fox News HD and Fox Business Network, as well as any other Fox stations people have in question.

List corporate priorities for 2009 - HD content expansion, equipment improvement, software enhancements, infrastructure investments etc.
Is there a real timeline for any of these goals?

Why is Dish in an inordinate amount of litigation compared with other providers?
Doesn't this adversely affect operation costs, investor relations as well as costumer confidence?

In terms of both quality and quantity, who do you see over the next three years as the real competition in providing consumers with HD television entertainment?

How will Dish work to out do this competitor?

Regardless of where CSR centers are located, what is Dish doing to insure a consistent, informed level of technical support service to it's subscribers? Are you running more quality control checks, changing tech support service providers etc?

Will we ever be able to have anamorphic SD output to TV 2 in the Dual mode on the 622? Right now SD has cropped (Letterbox) 4x3 and 4x3 full screen with sides cut off. Can we have STANDARD RESOLUTION anamorphic SD via RF cable to TV 2 added. This is currently an option in the Single mode only! I heard the official explanation and I don't believe it. :)

See ya
Tony

dfergie,
I would really like to know what Dish's plan is for expading the limited HD service they are providing to Alaska (& Hawaii). They have had several new channels loaded on one of the 110 spots for over a month which are still hidden. Direct TV is now offering a one dish solution that includes all their HD in AK, and our local cable company is now offering more HD than we are getting from E*. If we don't see something from E* very soon, I am likely to switch to Direct (the only thing that has held me back so far is my Dish DVR, but my patience is wearing thin....).
Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox...have fun at CES!!
Thanks

Add another vote for this question. It's only -30 right now, and more HD would be nice!!

Will we be able to exchange our vip722 for a vip722k at no charge if we buy the OTA module?

I know that I am in the minority here, but why don't they have an option for those of us that don't have locals available to be able to get guide data for the neighboring DMA that does have guide data available.

Case in point - I live in St. Joseph, MO which does not have locals on Dish. I get the KC channels OTA. I do not have the option to purchase any locals and therefore I have "Digital Service" on my guide. Dish Network was giving me guide data (in error) for 5 months for these KC stations before they shut it back off. However, they tell me that I have to buy locals to get the guide data.

JT, you need to "move" to KC then subscribe to locals, problem solved.

I would like to know when/if there will ever be any English language international programming available. Specifically, BBC World News.

1. Any plans to release a Digital Cable Ready DTVPal DVR for those of us who love FiOS TV, but don't like Tivo (too slow)?

2. Any plans to finally improve HD picture quality and give me a reason to reconnect my 622s?

How much longer is Dish going to sit back and continue to lose customers at the rate they currently are? Are they doing this on purpose to set themselves up for a sell?

When are they going to step up and get back into the game?

Why should an average sub care unless you are an investor.

JT, you need to "move" to KC then subscribe to locals, problem solved.

I would like to know when/if there will ever be any English language international programming available. Specifically, BBC World News.

I am sorry, but it is something that I don't believe in doing. I consider that lying.

Just so there is one question in this post that might actually get a straight answer:

"Could we get some clarification on just how this Credit Card AutoPay works?"

LOL :D

Seriously...any news under the sun besides "soon" on HD additions...and as much as possible about the 922 would be appreciated here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts