Questions For Dish Network

They will receive delivery of the new 86.5W tweener satellite at the end of Nov 2010. What service do they have planned for that slot?

Why should an average sub care unless you are an investor.

I'll give you 2 reasons.

1- Dish is losing subs due to poor customer service and poor upgrade options to existing customers. If these areas improved Dish would have happier customers.

2- Poor promotions to new customers. If you were not a Dish sub and were looking to switch providers, would you not want to see an attractive, competitive offer.

And yes, as an investor, I would like these questions answered.

I have a request of dish .... Make ne firmware to turn the 721/921 into fta boxes.

They have been mothballed by dish and personally they would make great FTA boxes if new firmware and software could be writen for them.

IR remote control for TV2 tuner and EHD for the VIP222 so we can use the VIP222 as a DVR like they can the VIP211.

Both were promised months ago.

HOW SOON IS NOW?

folders for EHD

.....never mind, just saw they were in L615/6....

just wish the rest of us would get the fixed version.

Last edited:
-Release date and cost of 922 for new subs. How much will a 2nd one on the new account cost?

-Why don't they show local info in the EPG, if the sub doesn't subscribe to LIL? And why don't they include info for ALL sub-channels? (I believe D* does.)

I would like to know if Dish is still planning on updating the DVRs to support multiple external USB harddrives. My 750GB drive is getting mighty crowded. :D

Mike

What DVR are u using cause right now I'm using a 622 and have a 320 gb and 750 gb hdd and they both work great swapping. I do wish that dish would update the 211 software to allow usb storage viewing.

So please ask dish if they are going to add usb storage viewing in the future. Thanks and keep up the good work scott and team! :)

1) I would like to know if Dish will finally resolve the endless lawsuits and just sign an agreement with Tivo to offer their service as an option for DVR customers. I love Dish's DVR software, but they might even attract more new customers if they offered Tivo as an optional service.

2) I would also like to know how Dish management sleeps at night when they announce pending price increases but continue advertising for new viewers at the current rates. If I were a customer who signed up today for a 24 month commitment at the old rates, and then the rates jumped $7-$10 the next month I would be royally p-o'd! Sure, they put tiny small print in the ads that says prices and programming are subject to change at any time, but they need to be more upfront with customers so they know what they are getting before they are stuck into a long term commitment. If Dish is not going to guarantee unchanged rates for new customers for 12-24 months, they at least need to be more clear in their disclosures that rates can go up almost immediately after new service is activated.

3) And, when will HD-locals be available in Evansville, Indiana (where my folks live).

Last edited:
Share programming

Please ask if there are any plans to be able to stream pre-recorded DVR events between DVR receivers. I have 2 DVRs and would like to watch stuff recorded in the bedroom in the living room & vice-versa. Are there plans to use Sling patents for this purpose?

Another question I thought of for Dish: An plans to realign channels. With new additions and format changes, a lot of channels seem very out of place.

Let me also "third" the question about PBS LiL.

Another question I thought of for Dish: An plans to realign channels. With new additions and format changes, a lot of channels seem very out of place.

Let me also "third" the question about PBS LiL.

I agree 100% on the channel realignment question. The 9000s are just a cluster now.

First, let me fourth or fifth the PBS locals question!

I think the most important question is this:

I have access to Uverse, Comcast Directv and Dish. My contract is up in February. HD is VERY VERY important to me. Why should I stay with Dish? What is the value proposition? We have heard lots of promises, but for my situation Either Directv or Uverse would be less expensive and carry channels that I want to see in HD that Dish does not have.

If I switch, from Charlies point of view, what would I miss out on?

give more tuner atleast 5(not dual tuner) and stop phone call to check customer. If customer have problem customer will call dish not vice versa. because they are so rude i atlest know 20-25 customer who cancelled the service due to nasty phone call. I have also dtv for nine years and i never received any phone call yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)