Questions For Dish Network

Last I checked E* does have the FNC in SD. Are you saying people needs hot babes shown in 720p HD in order to be fully informed of the world affairs today?:)

Hey, when they're saying the government needs another trillion dollars, it does help to have some high def eyecandy.. ;)

I think the bigger issue is not having FBN, just because it's in HD and we don't have it at all. All of these are tied together probably though, so we'd see FX HD too, which would be great for new Rescue Me.

I would like to know what the deal is with my DTVPal DVR and the constant lockups/reboots ..........

Is it a TVGOS compatability issue?
Is it a hardware issue?
Is it a software/firmware issue?

Also what are the plans for the DTVPal DVR this year as far as USB support and/or Ethernet support as far as:

Firmware updates?
External Hard Drive Storage?
Possibility of PPV Movies?

Any plans on coming out with a "Plus" version - (bigger Hard Drive, etc.)?

I have been waiting for this DVR for a year and now that it is out, all the bugs with this thing are very discouraging, when are they going to fix the lockups/reboots? I keep calling and calling and never get anywhere with their customer support, hopefully we can get some answers out of them at CES!!!

Someone already said it and I agree: Only count channels that can be subscribed to in the tally.

Using HD-PPV to give the illusion of more channels is just that - an illusion and it's insulting to subs when Dish relies on such transparent means to try and "fool" it's customers.

And I don't need to hear the dumb rational "but "D" and cable do it too" because it's just that kind of thinking that leads Dish to think you're stupid enough to be fooled by their tatics.

Million dollar question for Charlie!

Are they going to bid on NFLST, according to Charlie last time it was up for bid they got in a bidding war and DTV won but it was some outrageous amount. So is charlie going to do it again to screw over DTV and its customers with higher bills as DTV wont let go of NFLST.

And I don't need to hear the dumb rational "but "D" and cable do it too" because it's just that kind of thinking that leads Dish to think you're stupid enough to be fooled by their tatics.

Unfortunately, the average consumer goes by sheer numbers. If E* wants to successfully compete with the others, and the others are using inflated numbers, then they have to play the same game. Otherwise, it's a situation of 45 vs 120, and 120 will always win, unless there's a huge price disparity in E*'s favor. There hasn't been that kind of price disparity for a while as far as I can see.

If the consumer were as willing to be informed as people on this site, I'd see things differently.

I'm late to the party here (and will soon be late heading off to work), so forgive me if this one has already been asked but:

Since the 722's and 622's with be Sling Guide compatible(source), does that mean those two receiver families will also get the new epg format?

A few:
-As mentioned before, I would also like to know if Dish has any plans to carry the local digital subs channels.
-Why don't they integrate the ability to view Ku band FTA sat stations? (It would be great to have the ability to hook up another dish (via switch) and aim at some of the birds w/FTA stations and get those via the Dish Network receiver...)
-HD channels (has somebody asked that already, perhaps in another post?)

And.. a little on the humorous note:
Since everybody is suing DishNetwork, why doesn't dish sue the channel providers for not allowing to carry more al-carte' options? Perhaps DirecTV (and Cable Co's) would join in and then there might be some (at least) negotiations?

Please ask if there are any plans to be able to stream pre-recorded DVR events between DVR receivers. I have 2 DVRs and would like to watch stuff recorded in the bedroom in the living room & vice-versa. Are there plans to use Sling patents for this purpose?

+1

Also, I believe last year they showed a VIP box hooked to a Windows Home Server(HP Box I think). Are there still plans on using Windows Home Server as a central media repository? And multiple connected EHD's other than "soon" is there any timeframes?

Thanks for the great job you guys do at CES and keep the info flowing

Unfortunately, the average consumer goes by sheer numbers. If E* wants to successfully compete with the others, and the others are using inflated numbers, then they have to play the same game. Otherwise, it's a situation of 45 vs 120, and 120 will always win, unless there's a huge price disparity in E*'s favor. There hasn't been that kind of price disparity for a while as far as I can see.

If the consumer were as willing to be informed as people on this site, I'd see things differently.
I told you I didn't want to hear that dumb rational but just so I understand, are you're saying because the average consumer just wants numbers and other providers are lying about their numbers that Dish should lie about their numbers too.....because that's what people want? Geesh. Not all consumers are that stupid and lying shouldn't be advocated even if they were.

I told you I didn't want to hear that dumb rational but just so I understand, are you're saying because the average consumer just wants numbers and other providers are lying about their numbers that Dish should lie about their numbers too.....because that's what people want? Geesh. Not all consumers are that stupid and lying shouldn't be advocated even if they were.

I'm saying that the average consumer largely cares about channel count and price (bang for the buck). Unless you're going to find a way to get those other carriers to properly state their channel count, Dish would effectively just be signing their own death certificate. Dish is merely representing apples to apples compared to their competition (likewise those carriers are doing the same compared to their competition). Who started this method of counting channels is also irrelevant since the damage is already done.

The problem is everyone misrepresenting their numbers. You'd be better off contacting your congressman to create a bill to define the standard for counting TV channels.

EDIT: By the way, I'd call it misstating the numbers. Outright lying would probably result in a lawsuit. I do agree it's dishonest either way.

A few:
-As mentioned before, I would also like to know if Dish has any plans to carry the local digital subs channels.
-Why don't they integrate the ability to view Ku band FTA sat stations? (It would be great to have the ability to hook up another dish (via switch) and aim at some of the birds w/FTA stations and get those via the Dish Network receiver...)
Can you imagine the tech support calls? Never happen.
-HD channels (has somebody asked that already, perhaps in another post?)

And.. a little on the humorous note:
Since everybody is suing DishNetwork, why doesn't dish sue the channel providers for not allowing to carry more al-carte' options? Perhaps DirecTV (and Cable Co's) would join in and then there might be some (at least) negotiations?I believe that would be price fixing or collusion.

When can I get this L6.16 software update? I live in the Raleigh/Wake Forest, NC area. I especially get the "audio dropout" issue with ABC and Fox when I playback pre-recorded programs from the DVR.

.... Anyway, people on the internet with the VIP722 are saying that this L6.16 update might fix the audio dropouts? I would at least like to be able to TRY the L6.16 software .... IF I could manage to get it onto my VIP722 box.

You can't force it. It will be sent out when Dish feels appropriate, in some order that makes sense to them. Not all at once.

Anyway, 6.16 does NOT address the audio issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)