Questions for Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
How will the stb replacment affect customers who own their equip outright? will they have to lease to upgrade?

Here are my questions

1) For the record, has the 921 been discontinued?

If it is discontinued will the software continue to have features made available to it such as Name Based recording? Or after the next 2 software releases mention on the Tech Chat be it as far as new features on the 921 go?

2) When the switch to MPEG4 comes will dish have a Dual Tuner HD DVR ready?

3) When will Dish Home Interactive be available on the 921?

4) When will the 942 be ready for the consumer and will it have MPEG4 technology built in?

5) Are there any plans to compress the current HD channels we have no so they can fit in additional HD channels?

6) Will all future new receivers be available to customer on a lease only basis?

7) When will the 522 be available to existing customers?

8) Its almost price increase season again, is dish planning on raising its rates again?

9) When will Dish Network customers see Name Based Recording features on their DVR's which was advertised as being available this past Summer? (Summmer has come and gone)

Any estimated rollout schedule?

Thanks for your answers. :)

While on programming, please ask about any plans to add ...

Comcast Chicago
Comcast West (Sacramento)
College Sports TV
YES Network

Any plans for new HD on 105? Current HD moving to 105? Locals moving to 105? Oh, and how about "sig viewed" readyness on SHVIA?

What is the time line to begin MPEG4 for the HD channels?

How long will the current MPEG2/8PSK channels remain "as is" before they are coverted to MPEG4?

What is the time line for SD channels to migrate to MPEG4? Will this require that all STBs that are currently deployed be replaced?

Keep the questions coming, I can only keep this thread open for a few more minutes then I will close it and send your questions to Dish.

Again our thanks to Dish for doing this. :)

This is as much of a sugestion as a question but.

Many companies maintain internet technical support forums where their customers can ask questions and provide feedback. These forums generally have one or two official representatives from the company who provide answers, acnologe feedback and debunk rumors. Why doesn't Dish? Would Dish be interested in having such a program?

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
This is as much of a sugestion as a question but.

Many companies maintain internet technical support forums where their customers can ask questions and provide feedback. These forums generally have one or two official representatives from the company who provide answers, acnologe feedback and debunk rumors. Why doesn't Dish? Would Dish be interested in having such a program?
I love this one! SatelliteGuys would be willing to help out any way we could there. We would even install customer support / bug tracker software which interfaces with our forum to make it easier on the tech guys.

We are 14,000 strong and growing every day, this would be a highly valuable assit to Dish (and any other satellite company who wanted to take advantage!)

Will the wing satellite come into play for HDTV in the future? Should we keep or remove them now that HD is no longer widely available on them?

Will the Dish 6000 get the OTA Digital Locals Guide like the 811/921?

Has hardware production stopped on the 921, and once the current inventory is depleted, will the 921 cease to be available?

When do you plan on instituting a CSR training program? Jeeze Louise I had one of them tell me HD was on a Superdish about a week ago.

Will the 50x/510 Single Tuner DVR line receive any new models with even larger Hard Drives in the next year?

Will the 921 receive "Dish Home" support like the 721, or will that feature not make it into production?

How long until Name Based recording is deployed. Which DVR models will not have NBR?

Is the reason NBR is delayed on the 522 becuase they are still trying to solve the many playback issues?

Did John Kerry fail to get a plurality of the vote because he didn't solicte the same amount of support from Charlie that Al Gore did?

Am I eligible for one of the $50 promotional upgrade rebates (either the Toon Disney sponsored one or the HBO/Showtime one) if I go from the AT180 + HBO Value Pak to the America's Everything Pak?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)