Questions for Joe Clayton?

I would like to know if he has any plans for DISH to add more locals in HD this year, specifically in markets where D* already has locals in HD (ours is a good example as Tyler locals are offered in HD from D* but not DISH).

Ditto!

I know that those of us in the small markets have been waiting a long time for DISH to provide more locals in HD...... as far as I can tell DISH did nothing in 2011 for those markets who have no locals in HD....perhaps 2012 will be our year?

Any chance those of us the New York market will see sports again on Dish? No SNY, no MSG, and no YES is really getting old. The claim is that all these channels want tons of money. I do find it odd that when the channels we used to get like MSG and YES disappear, my monthly rate fails to go down. I find myself paying the same amount for less.

And when was it that 1) Dish carried YES and B) made YES disappear from your lineup and your bill didn't go down?

I asked this before and the answer was no as they are still charging less for the equipment then what it costs them to make.
If they think the cost of a ViP211 is more than $150 (lease/extra receiver fee revenue is $168 over the two year commitment), they need a new herd of accountants. I suspect the cost is very near or less than the retail price that they're selling it for.

Maybe DISH has adopted the Cable Pig model using hardware fees to subsidize programming.

If they think the cost of a ViP211 is more than $150 (lease/extra receiver fee revenue is $168 over the two year commitment), they need a new herd of accountants. I suspect the cost is very near or less than the retail price that they're selling it for.

Maybe DISH has adopted the Cable Pig model using hardware fees to subsidize programming.
I was under the impression that the equipment fees is how Dish can have lower programming rates than Directv.

I was under the impression that the equipment fees is how Dish can have lower programming rates than Directv.
I was under the impression that having less sports programming is how Dish can have lower programming rates than D*.

What is the streaming strategy? There are a myriad of products: Blockbuster @Home, DISH Cinema, DISHOnline, VOD, and PPV. Has there been any thought to simply branding all of these services "Blockbuster" and providing the same content online that is available via the STB. That would certainly make marketing and customer education infinitely easier. The fact that some things are available here, other things there, is very confusing.

In short, is there a concerted effort to engage customers by providing one process that's consistent across all platforms?

I was under the impression that having less sports programming is how Dish can have lower programming rates than D*.
That's doubtful as I switched a couple+ years ago to Dish because of the price difference and the RSNs had yet to leave.

harshness said:

I have 2 508's a 211 and a 722 all that I bought outright and I have been a Dish customer since year 2. I had dishplayers and 522's at one time also that I owned and sold as I upgraded over the years. They must use govt accountants because there is no way they haven't recovered any extra costs on these receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Ask him what he really means by "Best in Class".

Kinda hard to meet those expectations when jobs assigned to techs are above and beyond and capability based in reality......

Scheduling 6 room installs and expecting them to be done in 2.5 hours is unacceptable when also filling in the rest of the day with more jobs and not calculating for drive time.

Why do you look, walk and talk like George Bush Jr. during campaign season, yet tell everyone things will be different as you do the same crap Charlie's done for the last decade?

People aren't turtles, nor are corporate priorities. Business isn't "shooting fish in barrel" and the "just one more" speech made me gag.

Too direct?

Slamminc11 said:
And when was it that 1) Dish carried YES and B) made YES disappear from your lineup and your bill didn't go down?

My bad, I meant SNY. Regardless my point remains the same. We lose channels without our rates going down.

Not sure if it is too late:

1. Pricing on the Hopper and Joey.
2. Will Dish HD (Dish America packages) ever get the same HD channels as the corresponding America Top packages?

Last edited:
Why do you look, walk and talk like George Bush Jr. during campaign season, yet tell everyone things will be different as you do the same crap Charlie's done for the last decade?

People aren't turtles, nor are corporate priorities. Business isn't "shooting fish in barrel" and the "just one more" speech made me gag.

Too direct?
Seen him in person ? ;)

Too direct?

Most bizarre post of the day? :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)