Questions for Joe Clayton?

Not sure if it is too late:

1. Pricing on the Hopper and Joey.
2. Will Dish HD (Dish America packages) ever get the same HD channels as the corresponding America Top packages?

No pricing yet.
Doubtful. Why would people then pay for the higher packages? It ain't a buffet.

Scott any idea on pricing for the hopper and joey? any idea what the fee to lease it will be? tell joe we want the superstations in hd and rsn 24/7?.. try and get espn situation settled and if its true dish is going to try and do seperate package for sports channels?ty scott and everyone at ces for all you do :)

Scott, did you get a chance to ask any questions about the NY RSN's. I know your pretty busy this week, but like I said, I would really love to know as my contract comes to an end this year.

I did get to talk with Joe Clayton and got to be honest, he really don't know much about the day to day operations of DISH. He is more a business guy then a technical guy.

But I did get to interview him and ask him one question...

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFzlt7Iy7IQ[/video]

BTW I did ask Dave Schull about 3D and at this time there are no plans for adding any 3D channels. There is not enough demand for it yet and the cost per channel is too high. But with that said they ARE looking at getting the Summer Olympics in 3D from NBC. (But no deal in place at the moment)

BTW I did ask Dave Schull about 3D and at this time there are no plans for adding any 3D channels. There is not enough demand for it yet and the cost per channel is too high. But with that said they ARE looking at getting the Summer Olympics in 3D from NBC. (But no deal in place at the moment)

Check out the lower right DISH HD entry in this promo material from DISH. It sure sounds like they are preparing to add monthly movie releases in HD. I'm sure they didn't just make this up. I agree that the market is exceedingly small, but it is probably going to mature at some point to be viable.

Hopper - DISH Network

Check out the lower right DISH HD entry in this promo material from DISH. It sure sounds like they are preparing to add monthly movie releases in HD. I'm sure they didn't just make this up. I agree that the market is exceedingly small, but it is probably going to mature at some point to be viable.

Hopper - DISH Network

I think Scott was talking about actual full time 3D Networks, like ESPN3D. 3D VOD will be and already is available right now. there are 3 titles on my 922 for rent as of now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts