Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Today I should have a chance to sit down and chat with new DISH CEO Joe Clayton.

I am looking for some non technical questions to ask him. (I will save the tech for the tech guys)

So is there anything you want to see me as him?

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

I would like to know if he has any plans for DISH to add more locals in HD this year, specifically in markets where D* already has locals in HD (ours is a good example as Tyler locals are offered in HD from D* but not DISH).

When will we see Cover Art on the radio channels? And also, does he plan to do another mass layoff of Dish Network employees this year and call it a "talent upgrade?"

iamfoesho said:
When will we see Cover Art on the radio channels? And also, does he plan to do another mass layoff of Dish Network employees this year and call it a "talent upgrade?"

This will be announced today... I will ask when it will be available and on what receivers. :)

Yes, ask him what is his position of power in reality (not what's drawn up on some positional flow-chart) to Charlie Ergen now. Does he (Clayton) really run the whole show or does he still answer to Ergen? I just ask this because it seems that Charlie Ergen has about disappeared off the face of this planet.

Maybe another way to put this: Is Dish running with Joe Clayton's game plan now or is Dish still running with Charlie Ergen's game plan with Clayton assigned to manage it?

Last edited:
I don't think this is a tech question...When will we start seeing some of the SD channels being transmitted in HD, like IFC. I'm not to concerned about getting "New" HD channels, just getting the ones we have now all in HD (provided they are in HD and not just SD).

Ghpr13:)

When do they plan on adding bbmp to the 922? are they plan on adding anymore national hd and rsn in 24/7 hd? any news on wwe network on dish?

Could you asked Joe if they might had the Superstations in HD please. And my last question is will there be adding more Cinemax channels this year.

Thank you,
Chris

osu1991 said:
to go with this, any thoughts on reducing or giving subscribers a break on the fees, if they OWN the equipment instead of Lease it.

I asked this before and the answer was no as they are still charging less for the equipment then what it costs them to make.