Questions for the Dish Tech Team?

When recorded events are placed in folders (i.e. episodes of the "Sopranos") why can't we sort the folder by episode number, with lowest numbers first (so that a program is easier to watch in episode order?

When recorded events are placed in folders (i.e. episodes of the "Sopranos") why can't we sort the folder by episode number, with lowest numbers first (so that a program is easier to watch in episode order?
YES, YES, THIS, PLEASE! I had recorded 160 episodes of a show and then decided to delete them because it was too much trouble trying to find the next episode.

will it be possible to transfer recordings from external drive to external drive without using internal as an intermediate storage space?
A little more clarity is needed here. Are you talking about having two external drives hooked up and moving programming between them?

Scott, ask Dish to provide instant access to a "Quick List" of a few most viewed channels with a SINGLE push of a remote button, as on DTV. Or if there is a way now to do that, please explain it to me - can't get it now in less than 6 or more pushes using various buttons. Shouldn't have to buy and program a universal remote to get this very convenient feature.

Lots of 3d sets coming now. I have one, and its time for Dish to put up ESPN 3D. ( My guests and I have used active and passive glasses - not even close - go passive IMHO.)

Lots of 3d sets coming now. I have one, and its time for Dish to put up ESPN 3D. ( My guests and I have used active and passive glasses - not even close - go passive IMHO.)
All of the reports I've seen recently indicated 3DTV is dying in the North American market.

i would like to know about viasat data caps. and will customers who have wildblue through dish be automatically upgraded or what?

Will all outputs on the Hopper be active at the same time? (In other words, can you still hook up one TV to HDMI and one to Component?) If so, what is the range of the BT remote, and can you buy additional remotes? Can more than one remote be linked to a Hopper at a time? Thanks!

Will all outputs on the Hopper be active at the same time? (In other words, can you still hook up one TV to HDMI and one to Component?) If so, what is the range of the BT remote, and can you buy additional remotes? Can more than one remote be linked to a Hopper at a time? Thanks!

Similarly, are both the HDMI and the composite outputs on the JOEY active at the same time? Can you use two remotes on a Joey?

If you go to the CES Forum on here you can see pics of the Hopper and the Joey units. The back of the Hopper only seems to have one HDMI(HD) output and one Composite(SD) output. There is no need for it to have multiple HD outputs anymore since the Joeys take care of that now.

If you go to the CES Forum on here you can see pics of the Hopper and the Joey units. The back of the Hopper only seems to have one HDMI(HD) output and one Composite(SD) output. There is no need for it to have multiple HD outputs anymore since the Joeys take care of that now.

There is a better picture on Engadget that shows the whole back panel of the Hopper, and there IS a component output. :cool:

There is a better picture on Engadget that shows the whole back panel of the Hopper, and there IS a component output. :cool:

The issue of course is how long they will continue to work as expected. HBO has started blocking component output and other providers will follow suit this year.

I would assume that a household could have both ViP receivers and a Hopper. But we all know that bit about "ass u me" so perhaps that question should be asked.

I would assume that a household could have both ViP receivers and a Hopper. But we all know that bit about "ass u me" so perhaps that question should be asked.

I don't think you can have both because the switches are completely different - you have to pick one system or the other. (I suppose you could have two, completely separate, dish systems if you really wanted to, though.)

Now that all Locals are on ONE transponder for My Prime Time support, any technical limitation preventing Dish from adding a Low Res Local or Regional Weather scan channel to fill the hole of missing Weather on the 8's??

The low res Local Weather channel would have Local Radar and Forcast from the Noaa looping kind of like a looping PowerPoint prevention. I could all be done on a Web page set to update every 60 seconds and then broadcastted on the local weather channel on the local Transponder.

I think the Hopper has HDMI. component and composite output. The Joey on the other hand has only HDMI and composite, but no component output.

Why "Joey"

what is "Joey" Charlies kid???? got to be the most stupid name for a STB ever.......

edit.....I see that joey is a baby kangaroo......still pretty lame, not that hopper is much better.....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)