Questions on activating a used receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I agree. Like I say usually its the old old old RCA boxes that I see there....Dish Network boxes are usually crappy old ones (old Legacy ones)

so to see a working R15 was kinda shocking :)

well this is weird......I checked my account online tonight and it shows 2 receivers on my acct...the R22 (the original receiver) and the R15 :eek:
I never asked them to activate it yet as I had to run wires and wasnt going to be home for a week

But on the funny side remember the thread where stonecold talked about the commercials for MRV and they had a TV in the crapper...well D* put on the account
R22....location living room
R15....location bathroom :eek:

Guess I'll hook up the receiver this weekend when I get back home and then call D* to see what's up...

D* ROCKS!

So I hook up the R15 and get it up and running after running some new cables and programming the remote to work with AV2. The screen says the last software was in 06 :eek: so I let it take the upgrade. All up and running and says 722 card expired.

Called D* and got a nice guy right away (hell every time I call I get a nice person). Explain the situation and that I have a message 722 screen....right away I see CNN pop up then "acquiring guide"...he had to do a rehit...Had to do a RBR to fix it and everything is up

oh they activated the OLD card apparently so its all working now :)

D* ROCKS!

Status
Please reply by conversation.