Questions on aiming a DISH 500 with PLUS LNBs

lmac

Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Virginia
Hi, I am going to attempt to install a DISH 500 with Plus LNBs at a cabin. I have a few questions:

1. THere are 3 terminals on the LNB, marked 1, 2, and, "line in". Can I use any or must I use certain ones to get the 110 and 119?

2. With skew set, it is difficult to know where the dish is actually pointing. What, from the rear, do I look at to determine AZ? Do I use the vertical gap where the dish mount is attached to the mast?

3. If I can't see the 110 or 119, can I use the 65, 71 or whatever with the existing equipment? Receiver is an old D11.

4. Will DISH require me to sign for another 2 yrs if I add this receiver. It is paid up so should activate without problems.

Please note that I DO NOT want to bring one of the receivers from my home. I don't care about HD at the cabin.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I am going to attempt to install a DISH 500 with Plus LNBs at a cabin. I have a few questions:

1. THere are 3 terminals on the LNB, marked 1, 2, and, "line in". Can I use any or must I use certain ones to get the 110 and 119?

2. With skew set, it is difficult to know where the dish is actually pointing. What, from the rear, do I look at to determine AZ? Do I use the vertical gap where the dish mount is attached to the mast?

3. If I can't see the 110 or 119, can I use the 65, 71 or whatever with the existing equipment? Receiver is an old D11.

4. Will DISH require me to sign for another 2 yrs if I add this receiver. It is paid up so should activate without problems.

Please note that I DO NOT want to bring one of the receivers from my home. I don't care about HD at the cabin.

Thanks in advance.
What is a D11 Directv made a model D11 but it is not compatible with DISH.

1. 1 or 2 not In
2. yes, the mounting bracket is the azimuth direction
3. The EA satellites 77 and 72.7 need newer receivers.
4. probably not

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)