questions on D* DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pbarca

Original poster
Jul 21, 2005
Central Coast, California
I have a E* 522 DVR. Does anyone know the difference between D* and E*'s DVR's? like 100hrs vs 70hrs. does the D* feed a 2nd room like the 522? My contract is up with E* and I am looking around for a comparison of features between the two DVR's.

Thanks

The D* has multiple output ports, but you cannot watch different programs through different outputs at the same time.

Imagine a 522 that is in Single Mode, but doesn't crash and is upgradable by the user.

That's pretty much what you'll get.

H

Hogarth said:
The D* has multiple output ports, but you cannot watch different programs through different outputs at the same time.

Imagine a 522 that is in Single Mode, but doesn't crash and is upgradable by the user.

That's pretty much what you'll get.

H
I think you are talking tivo(discontinued) the new d15 is not a tivo

My friends Dish 625 is BETTER than my R15, but not my Directivo.

The R15 is worse so far than a Dish DVR.

If the units cost the same price why do you get the R15 & put it in the basement? Why not just get a Tivo & not have to worry about where it goes?

01ds650 said:
If the units cost the same price why do you get the R15 & put it in the basement? Why not just get a Tivo & not have to worry about where it goes?

Well an update is due out for the R15 by the end of this week, hopefully that will fix some of the bugs, if it does...up comes the R15, (our basement is a game room by the way) in any case ive been to two best buys and a circuit city, none of them have the R10 anymore, and I auctually ordered a DVR expecting an R10, when the installer came this is what I got.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)