Questions, Questions, & more Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

urboyj

Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
North Carolina
After paying TWC $250.00 per month for the last year I've decided that the rapeage needs to stop. The problem is I have 6 HDTVs that I want connected. Here are my questions. If I hook up 6 HDTVs with one VIP211 per TV will I need more than 1 dish and 2 how much will dish network charge for an access fee for additional receivers PER MONTH. The lady on the phone kinda put it like this "The per month charge for additional receivers is traditionally a (lease fee) but if you Bring-Your-On-Receiver then you will only have to pay the Programming Package plus taxes and fees and thats it...." THAT SOUNDS TOOOOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!. Time Warner Cable currently charges us 7.95 PER TV (the main tv is included in the package price) 7.95 x 5 = 39.75 per month for additional outlets/boxes and thats what I'm trying to get away from. Any help would be greatly appricated. Thanks, Justin

The max recievers dish will give you would be 4.

You'll be paying for two of those 211's.

And you'd need to cascade two Dish Pro 34 switches to get six rcv's to work.

You're looking at a nice chunk of change...

They dont charge for the primary reciever but after that they charge 5 bucks per reciever, which is cheaper than what your paying with TWC. You would get by cheaper with dish though, it sounds like you have everything they have to offer to be paying that much. Im sure you probally have high speed internet through them. Dish has the everything pack for 97 bucks and then it would be 25 for the reciever fees plus 10 for Gold HD and 10 for Platinum HD which would be 20 and 5.99 for locals so that would bring you to 147.99 so you would be saving and have alot more channels to choose from and way better picture quality. They would give you the HBO/Starz promo for 3 months and 10 off for a year more than likely.

HD receiver fees are now $7 per receiver. You're also looking at $5.98/month per DVR receiver if you want to go that way.

For 6 HD receivers, you're looking at $35 per month in receiver fees on top of your programming, and you will have to buy the 5th and 6th receivers since you can only have four leased tuners on your account.

Cheapest route, if possible, would be to lease one to three 612's and mirror some TVs with component video distribution if necessary. The DVR fees are also included in the Everything pack.

It is actually $7 per month for each additional HD receiver not $5. A one time $40 dollar activation fee and provide your own external Harddrives to turn the 211's into dvr's with no dvr fee too.

The phone rep said I would have to get some receivers from them to qualitify for a promo package or something. So I guess I would get 2 VIP211s from them and then buy the other 4. So lets say that I sign up for the classic bronze 100 for 34.99 that it would be 34.99 + 5.99 for locals + 10.00 for HD + 5.00 + 5.00 + 5.00 +5.00 = 70.98 before taxes? Is that right? I'm strickly talking the PER MONTH charge. I'm sure I'll have hardware questions in later on. And for those of your wondering what I have from TWC. I have the LOWEST DIGITAL TIER + HBO & SHO + Road Runner + Digital Phone. The TV part alone with TWC would be 150+ I'm just trying to get the TV down for 6 TV under 100.00 per month. Maybe its times to buy 6 rabbit ears and use hulu

So lets say that I sign up for the classic bronze 100 for 34.99 that it would be 34.99 + 5.99 for locals + 10.00 for HD + 5.00 + 5.00 + 5.00 +5.00 = 70.98 before taxes? Is that right?

Not quite.

34.99 + 5.99 for locals + 10.00 for HD + 7.00 + 7.00 + 7.00 + 7.00 + 7.00 = 85.98 before taxes.

HD receivers are $7/mo per HD receiver beyond the first, regardless of whether you own or lease.

Any reason they won't give you 4 and buy the other 2?

I like owning my stuff I guess...too long with the cable company leasing stuff. Will they give me 4 silver VIP211s without a contract? I don't know how getting free or reduced equipment pricing from satellite companys work...

So the verdict here is whether you LEASE OR OWN you're paying $7.00 per month either way besides for the first receiver that is included the in the package?

Thank you so much guys...now for my final question and i'll quit with all the questions. What am I looking at (hardware wise) at having to pay for outta pocket like DUAL, TWIN, or QUAD LNBFs or SWITCHES to be able to watch something different on 6 tvs?

They will give you a Dish 1000 and they should provide one DP 34 switch and you will have to purchase another DP 34 switch to cascade with the first one, you can obtain them pretty cheap from ebay, Ive seen them on there for around 25 or 30 dollars.

They will give you a Dish 1000 and they should provide one DP 34 switch and you will have to purchase another DP 34 switch to cascade with the first one, you can obtain them pretty cheap from ebay, Ive seen them on there for around 25 or 30 dollars.

Is there a W-bracket for the 1000.4 dish (Which I assume OP would be getting) that allows DP duals to be used for those SW34's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts