Questions re: Raleigh HD Locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pakbackr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I understand that D* just reached agreement with and activated WRAL 5 (CBS)and WRAZ 50 (FOX) to its local HD local line-up. Can anyone confirm this?

If they have, how does the PQ compare to OTA?

And finally, are you noticing any kind of lip sync issue with WTVD 11 (ABC) on their HD local broadcast (not OTA)?

I was a D* for years, but recently switched to E*. We're experiencing some OTA related technical issues and are considering switching back. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

I understand that D* just reached agreement with and activated WRAL 5 (CBS)and WRAZ 50 (FOX) to its local HD local line-up. Can anyone confirm this?

If they have, how does the PQ compare to OTA?

And finally, are you noticing any kind of lip sync issue with WTVD 11 (ABC) on their HD local broadcast (not OTA)?

I was a D* for years, but recently switched to E*. We're experiencing some OTA related technical issues and are considering switching back. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

This is not new, it started last week, and the channels were available even before the press release. Lip-sync issues are consistent with the H20 and HR20 hardware regardless of channel.

I prefer the OTA channels, D* only shows the primary channel not the multicast. The major networks all have a 24x7 weather channel as a multicast, it's faster and more convenient than the Active channel.

I have seen numerous H20 setup in PHX, MEM and DFW without any lip sync issues, so I seem to think it is a very specific HW series, software version, DMA combo in play that causes this.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)