Quetzsat 1 for 77*W has been launched!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
There's a comprehensive rundown of the satellite both pre and post-launch in the DISH Network forum.

Using the site search function, I typed Quetzsat and got this post: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...zsat-1-successfully-launched.html#post2578418

Isn't that wonderful how these things work?

If you read some of the other posts there (or the ones my Iceberg and myself in this thread), you'll understand why it is of little to no interest to FTA hopefuls.

some people I guess dont listen ;)

so I'll repeat it again

The new satellite is going up at 77W to replace the sats Dish has there right now which are crappy. Dish is leasing the whole satellite to use it for their Eastern Arc setup. So nobody other than Dish will be using the satellite. Eastern Arc is MPEG4 and in most cases 8PSK Turbo which only Dish receivers can see

I haven't read the info about the existing sats at that location.
So, maybe this won't work, but . . .

With the new bird going on line for DishNet DBS, is there any chance the crap-sats could be re-tasked for FSS?
After all, 91° has both BEV DBS, and FTA. ;)

With the new bird going on line for DishNet DBS, is there any chance the crap-sats could be re-tasked for FSS?
It seems quite unlikely that DISH Network is going to turn any of their satellites over to FTA at 77W or any other orbital slot. They'll probably park it somewhere as a back up, shut down the TWTAs and let it wobble a bit more.

I'm pretty sure you can't economically convert a satellite designed specifically for one type of signal (Ku band circular polarity) to another type.

After all, 91° has both BEV DBS, and FTA. ;)

91 has two different types of satellites there
NImiq1 (or 2,3,4 whatever one is there now) is DBS
Galaxy 17 is C/KU Band

You can't just convert a satellite. And with Dish they'll keep the one there as a backup in case something happens to one of their other satellites

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)