digitrans 7100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
Hey all I picked up a digitrans 7100 and was curious on what this can do. Is it a single transponder entry? would I be able to use it to get any of the open DC2 channels on Ku?

There are no DC2 channels on KU last I checked other than the couple Shaw Direct freebies on 107.3

checking an old thread the only difference between the 7100 and the 7150 (which I have) is the 7150 does 4:2:2

so you **should** be able to get the freebies out there on DC2. I know I can get some

Thats cool. I have a 920 but everyone says it will overload the memory. I was mainly looking to get the canadian free channels with it. How can you hook up the output on these? I see pins on the back in a strip and only bnc outputs. I don't have anything that hooks up to bnc.

You will need a BNC to RCA adapter. Radio Shack carries them for $5 or go on Ebay and get 10 for that price ;)
The audio is done via those strips. Its the 2 closest ones next to the BNC connector. I took an old speaker wire that had a rca plug on the end and split those 2 wires. One is positive one negative and plugged them in. That worked for the audio

Maybe I'll try and take some pics to show you. Otherwise check the manual. Here is the link
http://www.satelliteguys.us/downloads.php?do=file&id=233

Its for the 7150 but the back is probably the same as the 7100

pics of mine.

Attachments

• PICT0114.JPG
    PICT0114.JPG
    877.5 KB · Views: 154
  • PICT0116.JPG
    PICT0116.JPG
    865.2 KB · Views: 143
  • PICT0117.JPG
    PICT0117.JPG
    844.5 KB · Views: 128
so that will convert the audio ok? I would just hook that up to the yellow rca input? It has 4 bnc outs: Mpeg, 4:2:2, and 2 SDTV

yes it will convert the audio OK. Those strips are the audio outputs

I just use a yellow rca cable for the video and the 2 strips for the audio

if its the only conpleted one on Ebay you're missing the actual strips that plug into the green slots for audio. Look at my pics and look at the ones in the auction

You plug the wires into the green strips and they plug into the slots.

Ya the one for .01c plus shipping. Are those plugs readily available? I can make something depending on the pin size. It almost looks like a molex style pin.

if its the only conpleted one on Ebay you're missing the actual strips that plug into the green slots for audio. Look at my pics and look at the ones in the auction

You plug the wires into the green strips and they plug into the slots.

:confused: Iceberg,

My GI 4810 (AKA Digitrans 7150) has the same green strip as the one he got on Ebay.

Does your green strip hold the wires in like a speaker terminal on a surround receiver???

yes. I use a small flathead screwdriver (like for tightening screws on glasses) to unscrew it and then put the bare wire in there and tighten down

I found some new ones on Ebay!

They are called Phoenix terminal block connectors and someone
has them in Minnesota for $7 shipped.

Phoenix part# 1803675

Last edited:
no thats not me selling them on Ebay by the way (since I do live in MN)

But I did offer to send a couple of those to the OP if he needed them. I had a couple extras here from when I got a couple 7150's and one didnt work

Mine didn't come with any either, and the funny thing is I thought there was just some special plug missing all this time! :) Didn't even know those screw terminals existed... gotta get some now.

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Type into the Ebay search bar "1803675" and click onto "include description"

and 2 listings will show. One listing is in Canada and the other one is in MN. I

studied the pictures and I think that I do have the right connector. I did a "make

offer" and he accepted but I only bought one since that is all I need and in case it

is wrong. Last night after finding them on Ebay I deleted my post asking Ice if

he would get rid of one - it's probably cheaper this way! :D

You will need a BNC to RCA adapter. Radio Shack carries them for $5 or go on Ebay and get 10 for that price ;)

I splurged and got 10 for $3.89 shipped from a US seller and they came in 2 days.

I figured I can use another one or two and the others will make great Christmas

gifts!!! ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts