Quetzsat 1 Moving to 61.5W

It could happen when they finally get their next satellite E16 launched to 61.5 (Russian launch delays). It is going to be a spot beam satellite with more capacity for locals.

No one has mentioned that on Saturday around 6:00 PM EST all my signal went to ZERO on all TP on 119 and 61.5. 110 was very very low as 15. These are SATS I get an average of 80 to 106. Could this be the arrival of Q1 to 61.5???????. About an hour later all the slots went back to normal. Any one out there, specially in PR that noticed it.:confused:

dbs2000 said:

No one has mentioned that on Saturday around 6:00 PM EST all my signal went to ZERO on all TP on 119 and 61.5. 110 was very very low as 15. These are SATS I get an average of 80 to 106. Could this be the arrival of Q1 to 61.5???????. About an hour later all the slots went back to normal. Any one out there, specially in PR that noticed it.:confused:

It is still being positioned. Best indicator will be the uplonk report. There will likely be a bunch of uplink reports with transponder shuffling at 61.5. They have some empty transponders at 61.5 that they will probably use to start the transfer.

And Puerto Rico will howl when it starts.

The last ranging snapshot (epoch) was taken early this morning.

Quetzsat 1 estimated location is 61.42W and ~1.5 km (1 mile) below GEO.

Station keeping will be at 61.5 +/- .05 degrees, so final arrival in the "box" will likely be completed either today or tomorrow.

It is still being positioned. Best indicator will be the uplonk report. There will likely be a bunch of uplink reports with transponder shuffling at 61.5. They have some empty transponders at 61.5 that they will probably use to start the transfer.

And Puerto Rico will howl when it starts.

Excuse me, but what do you mean by howl. Is that good or bad:confused:.

i think is bad 'cause here in PR we will not be able to capture quetzat with good quality as the same as echo 15, even worse, i think we will not be able to even lock a signal from quetzat

i think is bad 'cause here in PR we will not be able to capture quetzat with good quality as the same as echo 15, even worse, i think we will not be able to even lock a signal from quetzat

You are correct.
I have attached an image of the east and west beams (overlaid) for Quetzsat 1 61.5W in your area. Very doubtful PR can get reception even with a very large antenna - 2.4 -3 Meter

I also attached an image of Echostar 16 61.5W for reception in your area. E16 will have good reception with a small antenna - 0.5-0.8 Meter
So, expect an outage for a couple months while they get E16 up and running.

Echostar 16 61.5W.jpgQuetzsat 1 61.5.jpg

manteca said:

I didn't know that dish provides us any channel from that location. I always thought it was 119/110 & 118(for intl).

Also dish has stopped using mixed arc setup (atleast that's what I know off). So now with echo 16 ...have no idea how dish will implement it for PR.

IMO dish has been doing very good selling the small single dish solution these days

we received HD channels time ago from that slot, maybe a dish' mistake 'cause i ordered online and received the platinum hd package from there, but after removing the HD channels, there is no use for now. for echo 16 there will be spotbeams for PR, that's why i keep my antenna pointed to that slot in case

FCC issued required licenses for Echostar and Dish to use Quetzsat 1 for customer service at 61.5w today- 10/31/2012

The transfer can begin.

FCC issued required licenses for Echostar and Dish to use Quetzsat 1 for customer service at 61.5w today- 10/31/2012

The transfer can begin.

We are no customers, we are the land of the lost, although my bill is still 199.00 a month. We are the "Split Arc Zombies."

And Puerto Rico signal will be in the off-mode due to coverage. When E-15 was up it was a mega signal with no channels to watch. Now we will be in the dark again, for what it's worth and Nov 20 E-16 if the Russian do their job and don't send it to the moon/failure we might get something, maybe. Just like we had hoped with E15 would bring with such a good coverage. Will I be alive when 61.5 get finally settled and we can get all even channels for equal payments.

Downgrading for the first time in 16 YEARS it's very present in my mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts