Quick DNS question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hahler2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
Ashton, SD
I currently only qualify for the NBC DNS feed. However, I found a zipcode near where I live that does qualify for all of them. So I am planning on calling them and telling them that I "moved" but my billing address is still the same (since I have a PO Box address shouldn't be hard to convince them). My question is, after I do this will I need to unplug the phone line to my HD Tivo or will they not be able to tell? Also, I do all my own installs and get my equipment from VE. I won't have a problem getting new equipment will I?

1. I think you can change your service address online without a human.

2. Is the new address in the same area code?

3. New equipment upgrade may be weird if someone you don't know lives there.

Yes it is the same area code. South Dakota has the same area code for the whole state. I would think that equipment upgrades would be fine as long as I do my own installs.

You have to call to change physical addys, but NOT billing addresses. After they do make the physical change, DO verify that your billing address stayed the same, as I have seen CSR's change it as well.

As far as the phone line, it does NOT, I repeat, does NOT make ANY difference (contrary to what some of the "experts" around here say) It doesn't matter if your phone number is 10 miles or 1000 miles from your service addy - leave it plugged in & don't worry about it.

dishrich, are you speaking from experience on the phone line connection issue or is this just your opinion? Not to say that I don't believe you I just want to be sure is all.

hahler2 said:
dishrich, are you speaking from experience on the phone line connection issue or is this just your opinion? Not to say that I don't believe you I just want to be sure is all.

I've "moved" and had my phone plugged in for almost 2 years. To boot, the phone number it's plugged into doesn't match the phone number on the account. It's plugged into a phone number that previously had service years ago, but I later re-signed up under the wife, with a cell number, so I could be a "new" customer again, when I came back to DirecTV.

hahler2 said:

How about experience with OVER 2 dozen "mover" clients that have had NO problems w/phone lines... ;) ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)