Quick ? on channel delays...

razorphreak900

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
tampa bay area
hey guys, how you all been?

I just got back from being upnorth for a few months, *yes all went great* =-)

and me being picky and always noticing certain things, when it comes to some stuff. i realised that, our channels are quite slow when changing channels.

when i was upnorth, i had family with cable v and c-cast companies, and i noticed that their digital channels (they dont run analog anymore if your using a box) they change ever so quickly, literally as if the cable wire was connected straight to the tv itself.

and now that i am back home, as i go watch tv, i noticed a BIG difference in how much of a difference there is, when changing channels.

why is that?

it averages about 2 or so seconds per change of channel, *after a while it gets sorta anoying*

now here i know for sure, in many ways, our cable company is more capable and it does not deal with as much people comparing to jersey and nyc area. so I dont understand the slowness

is there a reason why they havent speed up their channels with bright h networks?

of course it is not a new issue around here, but after comparing me being upnorth, thats where i got my thoughts from...so im just wondering.

hope i explained it all right for you guys to understand, well i am out for now, take care guys....

Are you using a DVR? That is the only thing I notice a delay in changing channels on. With regular digital box runs pretty quick for me

Are you using a DVR? That is the only thing I notice a delay in changing channels on. With regular digital box runs pretty quick for me

it does it with either box, dvr 8300 and the regular hd box. * i know many friends right here with same boxes etc, with bright house networks that does the same =-/*

even the regular non hd box is no different, i have checked on signals etc, and all is very well, no issues, no errors,etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)