Quick Poll What format do you want the video podcasts brought to you in.

What Format do you want? And what player do you use? Select One format and Player.

• Mpeg4

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • WMVHD

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Ipod

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Computer

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Zune/ Other Mp3 device.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Quick poll. What format do you want your video podcast to be brought to you in. Im finding that Mpeg 4 and WMVHD have similar compression and the file sizes are roughly the same, But WMVHD is the clear quality winner. I would encode in VC1 but am having a hard time finding a program that would do this type of encoding.

So it is. I want to know what your players can play when it comes to these two formats. I really like WMVHD and it may be the clear cut winner.

Also, what type of player do you use!. You can click on more than one choice. Instance I chose WMVHD and Computer.

Mine will probably be in .mov format since that is the format required by Apple to get the podcast listed in Itunes. :)

I hope that thsi does not signal an end to the audio podcasts.

Voting is locked for me. If I could vote, I would vote for MP4 and computer. I use iTunes for just about all audio and video. The only reason I would vote computer is that my ipod does not do video.

Voting is locked for me. If I could vote, I would vote for MP4 and computer. I use iTunes for just about all audio and video. The only reason I would vote computer is that my ipod does not do video.

I have no idea why it would be locked. If it is go ahead and post your vote and I will get it :) thanks.

My votes are declared above.

I do not see any voting buttons. Rather, I see the poll results (I never voted) with the following message at the bottom of the poll section:

"Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll"

I also can not vote, maybe I have to register to vote here, if so I would like to register to vote in the FTA Party :D

I also pick Mpeg4 and Computer.

I won't use proprietary formats for such things.
No mater how cute or trendy they are.
No Apple, no Microsoft, no Real, no Flash, nothing from Adobe.
I won't quibble over DivX, though. :rolleyes:

However, if a common player like VLC will handle it on my computer, that is something I would watch.

Since I have sufficient bandwidth to enjoy a reasonable quality/resolution show, making up some little 160x120 postage stamp won't be something I'd want to watch twice.

Look forward to seeing what you can come up with. - :up

Blu-ray!
J/k
I vote whatever format has the best PQ if its no trouble to you guys.

I can't vote either, but if I could then I would choose whichever format would fit direcetly on my Zune 30gb without having to convert it from something else first...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)