Quick Poll What format do you want the video podcasts brought to you in.

What Format do you want? And what player do you use? Select One format and Player.

• Mpeg4

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • WMVHD

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Ipod

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Computer

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Zune/ Other Mp3 device.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Quick poll. What format do you want your video podcast to be brought to you in. Im finding that Mpeg 4 and WMVHD have similar compression and the file sizes are roughly the same, But WMVHD is the clear quality winner. I would encode in VC1 but am having a hard time finding a program that would do this type of encoding.

So it is. I want to know what your players can play when it comes to these two formats. I really like WMVHD and it may be the clear cut winner.

Also, what type of player do you use!. You can click on more than one choice. Instance I chose WMVHD and Computer.

Mine will probably be in .mov format since that is the format required by Apple to get the podcast listed in Itunes. :)

I hope that thsi does not signal an end to the audio podcasts.

Voting is locked for me. If I could vote, I would vote for MP4 and computer. I use iTunes for just about all audio and video. The only reason I would vote computer is that my ipod does not do video.

Voting is locked for me. If I could vote, I would vote for MP4 and computer. I use iTunes for just about all audio and video. The only reason I would vote computer is that my ipod does not do video.

I have no idea why it would be locked. If it is go ahead and post your vote and I will get it :) thanks.

My votes are declared above.

I do not see any voting buttons. Rather, I see the poll results (I never voted) with the following message at the bottom of the poll section:

"Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll"

I also can not vote, maybe I have to register to vote here, if so I would like to register to vote in the FTA Party :D

I also pick Mpeg4 and Computer.

I won't use proprietary formats for such things.
No mater how cute or trendy they are.
No Apple, no Microsoft, no Real, no Flash, nothing from Adobe.
I won't quibble over DivX, though. :rolleyes:

However, if a common player like VLC will handle it on my computer, that is something I would watch.

Since I have sufficient bandwidth to enjoy a reasonable quality/resolution show, making up some little 160x120 postage stamp won't be something I'd want to watch twice.

Look forward to seeing what you can come up with. - :up

Blu-ray!
J/k
I vote whatever format has the best PQ if its no trouble to you guys.

I can't vote either, but if I could then I would choose whichever format would fit direcetly on my Zune 30gb without having to convert it from something else first...

Status
Not open for further replies.