Quick question about a Install-Wiring

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Revan654

Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
I currently have dishnetwork and will be going with directv soon. I have a a quick question about the install.

Will be getting Directv Plus HD-DVR. I read that you need double coax cable for you to be able to use the dual tuner. When dishnetwork did my install which was about 2 years ago. They used a separator to on my ViP 622(HD-DVR) could I use the same setup for directv or do I need to get the entire house Re-wired again for directv?

I currently have dishnetwork and will be going with directv soon. I have a a quick question about the install.

Will be getting Directv Plus HD-DVR. I read that you need double coax cable for you to be able to use the dual tuner. When dishnetwork did my install which was about 2 years ago. They used a separator to on my ViP 622(HD-DVR) could I use the same setup for directv or do I need to get the entire house Re-wired again for directv?

You need a line for each tuner from the multiswitch, either the one built into the dish, or a separate one if you have more than four tuners. There is a single wire multiswitch, but it is expensive. I read that they are using it for mdu installs for now.

I had the same setup when we switched to D*.

Make sure the installer runs the second lines for you. They are included, no matter what he tries to BS you with.

My installer said one coax run was included, which he said if it was existing coax they were to use that. Each 2nd coax run would cost me. I told him I don't think so.

I ended up wall fishing the second coax for two our DVRs, and I had him run the 2nd coax for our living room due to the exterior wall. He tried to charge me a fee for running the coax on my exterior wall on the outside.... Needless to say I didn't tip him....

I ended up wall fishing the second coax for two our DVRs, and I had him run the 2nd coax for our living room due to the exterior wall. He tried to charge me a fee for running the coax on my exterior wall on the outside.... Needless to say I didn't tip him....

Wall fishing is not included in the install it is considered custom labor so your tech was right if you wanted it wall fished

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)