Quick Question about DHP and Non DHP customer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HDTV Rookie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 1, 2003
Texas
Can an existing NON DHP customer become a DHP customer and receive the benefits of a NEW DHP customer

What if you were moving from one house to a new house in a different city, but in the same state and with a new telephone number. Could you disconnect your services, then re-establish services at the new house as a new customer with the new phone number?

This is not for me, but a co-worker that is trying to get info.

Remember that DHP requires Social Security numbers along with credit approval...and credit reports have both husband and wife's SSN on them.

You can do it if it is another another name that has never had dish before and the phone # is different.

HDTVrookie you might want to check out the new DHA plan that will replace DHP FEB.1st you may lose the advantages you are hoping to cheat your way into. DISH is very good at detecting old customers trying to become "new" customers again.

BOBA

As mentioned above, I am inquiring on behalf of a co-worker. I have personally seen the equipment he has and let me tell you, it looks like it was made before I was born. I, nor he, is trying to cheat Dish, but rather trying to find a way to get more modern equipment at a reasonable cost.

I have been out here for a couple of months and it amazes me how much people jump to conclusions about people they do not know. I consider myself a very honest and open person. Those that know me could easily vouch for that fact. To insinuate that someone you do not know is trying to cheat or steal, without knowing the facts, can only show others what YOU are really thinking about. Could it be possible that my co-worker would like the opportunity to have the same advantages that the DHA/DHP plan offers. He is not looking for free equipment to own, just wants to lease new desirable equipment to take advantage of a HD ready TV and a new house.

Further, let me ask this question. I currently have an 811, 508, & 3 301's. Why should I as an exisiting customer have to pay more on a monthly basis than a new customer. I have been loyal to Dish for over 3 years, why should I not be entitled to some of the better pricing. I currently am charged 57.99 for the top 150 plan for 3 rooms + 4.99 + 4.99 for my other 2 receivers, yet a new customer would be charged 57.99 for 4 rooms + 4.99 for the 5th receiver.

I understand that the new deals include a 322 w/ 2 tuners, but why not then take back one of the 301's I have and give me a 322. I would gladly pay a small flat non recurring fee for the upgrade instead of always paying 4.99 extra per month. But they have not even considered that yet or provided it as an option to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts