Quick Question: AMC16 ID channel???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

John Popper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
Central Mexico
Im setting up a new Ku LNB and I was wondering if that channel is active right now @ 85W? because I don't seem to get a signal @ 12.179H 3.972 and usually that channel is on 24/7

thanks!

You know, I think I've noticed this before, but never went out of my way to document or check. The beacon seems to be down when there is another signal relayed on this particular sat.

Ran into the same problem yesterday as 85W is my true south. Tried to line up a dish on an SG2100 motor yesterday and couldn't find the Transponder ....thought I was losing my mind...then I realized I already had lost it lol...Blind:)

You know, I think I've noticed this before, but never went out of my way to document or check. The beacon seems to be down when there is another signal relayed on this particular sat.

That's been my experience , too. Must be to save battery power. Last night the echostar slate was down during the transmission of sports feeds, then back up again.

:)

I guess Dish figures they need only one DVB TP active so when sports feeds are on there they turn it off

They have about 20 DVB-S2 TP's active on that satellite ;)
they're IP so nothing shows up on a scan but they are there

It was on last night and I hope it is this morning as I'm trying to finish a motorized setup for my brother. Figures our south sat would be 85W. Still too cold at 25degrees for me to be outside messing with a dish half a day lol. Blind:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts