Quick question on History Channel listings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Texas
Hi guys,

I have a TV guide app for my iphone but it's really stupid.
It is very inflexible as to the providers you can select.

When I chose either the local cable co or Dish or Directv, the listings for the History Channel do not at all jive with what's airing on AMC 4 OR even with the listings on history.com.

Not even close.

So my question is, what zip code in a CST zone could I use to get a TV guide listing that truly jives with what they really are airing?

A zip from another time zone would just deeply, deeply confuse me, for some reason my mind can not cope with time zone conversions, my brain goes into a major melt down trying to figure it out. But, if that's my only option, so be it.

The most important thing is, it's all synced up.

Just say for instance you were to use titantv.com. What zip code would you put in to get the RIGHT listings for what's airing on History AMC 4 ??

My iphone app is pretty much like titantv for smart phones. I think it's called "What's on TV"

Thank you! :)

Odessa or Lubbock, TX

Hi guys,

I have a TV guide app for my iphone but it's really stupid.
It is very inflexible as to the providers you can select.

When I chose either the local cable co or Dish or Directv, the listings for the History Channel do not at all jive with what's airing on AMC 4 OR even with the listings on history.com.

Not even close.

So my question is, what zip code in a CST zone could I use to get a TV guide listing that truly jives with what they really are airing?

A zip from another time zone would just deeply, deeply confuse me, for some reason my mind can not cope with time zone conversions, my brain goes into a major melt down trying to figure it out. But, if that's my only option, so be it.

The most important thing is, it's all synced up.

Just say for instance you were to use titantv.com. What zip code would you put in to get the RIGHT listings for what's airing on History AMC 4 ??

My iphone app is pretty much like titantv for smart phones. I think it's called "What's on TV"

Thank you! :)

try 79763 that is in Odessa TX. If that doesn't work 79424 one of Lubbock, TX zips.

Also there's a way to subscribe to History Channel's RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feed to get all the info about the daily or even weekly schedule updates, what you need to do is go to History Channel's webpage, click on:
Code:
http://www.history.com/schedule.do?action=daily

Choose the Central Standard Time, after that click on "Full Day Schedule", and you'll have a full day schedule, after you did that you'll see a button that says RSS Feed
icon_rss.gif
, click on that and it'll ask if you want to subscribe so they can send you updates, the direct link is:
Code:
http://www.history.com/dailyRss.do

It's important to do that AFTER you have chosen Central Standard Time so they can send you the correct listings for your area.

Cheers

M.

Yes, but her time is central, so that way when she gets the daily update she won't have to adjust it :), it has happened to me before, i take note about something being transmited at some hour, tune in only to find other show on, then i figure out i forgot to adjust it and alas, it was 3 hours earlier for me (1hr for her) :(.

M.

I understand that. I'm in Central time zone too. Just making note that Eastern & Central really is no different for most programming. They always say "8/7 Central" as example :)

Oh yeah hehehehe yesterday i missed watching a Beatles documentary because i wrongly saw the Pacific listings, and forgot that they have two feeds, one for Eastern/central time and one for West (and i think mountain) time... i tuned in but i was 3 hours late because the channel at 101ºW has the East feed :'(.

Cheers

M.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts