Quick Question on the HR34

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
It has already been established that there is only one receiver in the residence. Hutch1814 pretty much covered the whole install.

And even if there were additional receivers, you don't necessarily need a CCK for WH service, but only for a DECA connected receiver to break out the "cloud" to access the internet or maybe the rest of the ethernet home network if necessary.

Without the CCK or some other way to reach the router for DHCP address assignment, the receivers would switch to an internal 169.254.xxx.xxx APIPA address scheme for WH communication amongst themselves, but have no internet or ethernet home network access.

this morning when i check mine email and i got the directv confirmation its has Cinema Connection Kit, can i just tell tech i don't want that and hook by ethernet?

this morning when i check mine email and i got the directv confirmation its has Cinema Connection Kit, can i just tell tech i don't want that and hook by ethernet?

You might be able to, but the problem is many techs. are trained to install it as though the HR34 requires it to operate properly and/or follow the work order like religious dogma.

So he may want to cancel the install if you refuse it, and if you call DIRECTV on it, they may cancel the entire installation as well, because they think the same way.

My advice is to simply accept the CCK unless there's an additional charge and you really cant afford it. It won't hurt anything and you may remove it later if you wish.

If you didnt pay for it just let the tech hook it up and when he leaves you switch it to how you'd like it.
Or if you're nice just tell the tech you don't need it hooked up and he might leave it there for ya

I know my tech was gung ho on installing it even though he knew I was going from 2 R22's and a H23 to just the HR34. I let him install it and after he left I switched it. Got 2 short cables, a 2 way splitter and a CCK kit out of it :)

If you didnt pay for it just let the tech hook it up and when he leaves you switch it to how you'd like it. Or if you're nice just tell the tech you don't need it hooked up and he might leave it there for ya I know my tech was gung ho on installing it even though he knew I was going from 2 R22's and a H23 to just the HR34. I let him install it and after he left I switched it. Got 2 short cables, a 2 way splitter and a CCK kit out of it :)
when the tech come i will ask about it because in email it said its $99.00, if it is must he can hook up

$99? Must be wireless.

Mine was only $25 (from my invoice when I ordered the HR34) and is the wired version
1 Cinema Connection Kit $25.00

and then they credited that $25 too

lacubs said:
when the tech come i will ask about it because in email it said its $99.00, if it is must he can hook up

The cck is free at the time of installation of the 34. You won't be charged for it. You should keep it hooked up for the full capability of on demand and the future capability of pandora.

Iceberg said:
what is the difference if you have ethernet hooked straight up if the HR34 is the only receiver on the account?

With one receiver there is no difference, but you should still take the deca in the event you ever add another receiver.

HoTat2 said:
You might be able to, but the problem is many techs. are trained to install it as though the HR34 requires it to operate properly and/or follow the work order like religious dogma.

So he may want to cancel the install if you refuse it, and if you call DIRECTV on it, they may cancel the entire installation as well, because they think the same way.

My advice is to simply accept the CCK unless there's an additional charge and you really cant afford it. It won't hurt anything and you may remove it later if you wish.

The HR34 does NOT require it to be installed. It's more of a RPP (return path percentage) then anything for Directv. The 34 can hook up like any other receiver and work without having any access to Internet. You just won't get the Internet required functions.

i don't care what happen tomorrow, i just want installed the (34) correctly wire or wireless but, i always had mine wire

The HR34 does NOT require it to be installed. It's more of a RPP (return path percentage) then anything for Directv. The 34 can hook up like any other receiver and work without having any access to Internet. You just won't get the Internet required functions.

Yes, I explained all this (or thought I did) in my post #23. My point was that DIRECTV *acts* as though the CCK is a requirement for the HR34, and trains their techs. accordingly.

i hope these techs make good money, my haven't got here yet, but he coming from Buffalo! 2hr away

lacubs said:
i hope these techs make good money, my haven't got here yet, but he coming from Buffalo! 2hr away

All depends what his cut is on the install. Some contractors pay better than others. Some are required to buy their own materiel and some don't. Just all depends what all is on the work order as well

the installment went great! but i one small thing to ask do its a few days to put up series in mine manager?

it takes up to 24 hours to get the full guide....you can set up series timers now but its hard when 80% of the guide isnt there :)

i know its take 3-4 days to download everything but i was thinking i would see 1 for tonight shows but guess not! and it the pip that bad i ask about it he said don't use it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)