Quicktime trouble

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Latest updates to IE and Firefox will not play mov quicktime properly. I have downloaded the latest qt plugins and have Quicktime players loaded in windows xp and vista. trouble with all of them!

What I get is a blacked out region of a website that if I right click on it I can see it is a region of the page that has the embedded player. Firefox actually reports that the QT plugin is not stable and should not be loaded. Asks if I want to load it manually and that is what I did but it just won't play the video. On an older XP computer that has an older version of FF and IE7 the QT embedded file plays fine.

So what's the deal here? What plugin should I be using to play mov video in firefox and IE8, latest versions?

I wouldn't use IE8, and I'd make sure my video card drivers are up to date and stable. Sometimes the 'latest' updates are not the best and won't perform properly.

No on dual screen. Remember, I said I verified this with more than one computer and two OS's. My laptop which hasn't been updated yet is still working with QT.

I agree with IE8 Man oh man is it slow. It takes 30 seconds to load a new URL while FF loads in less than a second. I don't know what they did but it is so bad my wife had me install FF on her Vista laptop after the auto updates moved her off IE7 to IE8. Still have the Apple QT issue.

This is a PIA for us since our daughter uses a Mac and they have to work in the Macworld environment. Yesterday, when my wife couldn't see our grandson's first steps video, she said why don't you set up your Mac in the Kitchen so I can see this? What a strategy to increase more Macs in the marketplace! LOL! Yes, the QT player works fine on my Mac, just not on any updated PC.

Update-

In the past when a new plugin was needed FF would search it out and load it. I discovered that now I have to do my own hunting but found the right plugin called a player plugin for all video formats. Now, in any website that has an embedded video box for wmv or mov files, ( YouTube not included, there is this icon of a film strip with a play arrow. Click on it and your player, like Quicktime will launch and play the video. It's not really an embedded video as the code calse for but at least now FF will play the darn thing.

Don I am really curious about this because I am running Vista, IE8 32 and 64 with all current updates. I cannot find any video source that QT doesn't work with, so far. Do you have a link or share something that QT doesn't work with? :confused:

In QT plug in files I found this..... Aplication Extension;XPT File;Class File Size2.14mb Date Modified 10/26/09 7:04 pm. Hope this helps Don!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts