QVC HD

sundaddy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Why don't we have QVC HD yet? Are there any new HD rollouts in the future.

QVC HD was up in testing earlier this year but then they got rid of it.

I dont know if you ever have seen QVC-HD but they frame everything for the left side of the screen for the SD feed, so the right side of the screen is usually empty so its really at this time a waste of space.

Funny thing is, for some reason my favorite things to watch while I'm exercising are shopping channels. I have QVC-HD and HSN-HD on FIOS and they really look good. So while I think they'd be a plus on Dish there are quite a few others (e.g. WE-HD, ESPN/U-HD, Ovation-HD, to say nothing of the NY RSNs which I don't expect) which are higher on my list. All in all, however, if you discount NY sports, Dish has one of the best HD lineups around.

I agree, Dish Has all the channels I need to watch all my MMA fights. That's the most important to me.

I kinda thought a Dish Rep. would have commented, but I guess Scott knows as much as anybody about this stuff.

QVC actually has good deals on a lot of products, and products for the home and electronic techies like us... I have QVCHD on UVerse, and the whole screen is used, and they do NOT use the right portion for banners and such as they used to do... QVCHD and HSNHD is actually worth it, and they both don't rake in billions a year from no one watching them, so yes, there is a request for them on Dish... but obviously they are not on this board.