QVC in HD

I have it with directv. It makes the channel more watchable since it's in HD. I don't watch the channel 24 hours but there's been quite a few items I've ordered off there , family gifts , gifts for my wife etc.

qvc has not been in HD on dish i wish it was along with the other shopping channels HSN etc.
WHY?
Thankfully, they haven't wasted the bandwidth for either of them in HD...yet
Exactly! There are a lot more channels that should be in HD long before any shopping channels.

Personally, I feel that shopping channels take away bandwith that could be used for better purposes. Now I know that these channels pay providers and help keep rates lower (yah, right), but really nobody has ever said how much we save because of them. I think the answer to that question would be "Not very much."

Even if it was just $0.06 just like what CSPN charges, it would be around $8.4 million per channel. That's not a bad number. I know the costs are more than that, but it helps.

Given that these shopping channels pay every TV provider to carry them suggests that what they pay to do this is chump change compared to the margin they make on the products they sell.
I agree with that... I am not talking about their profit maximization, and what they pay is chump change to Dish's expenses, but I look at it like I would any business decision. If it is a 1-2% savings... Then awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts