Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cascade

Goose.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 1, 2004
37.134004N 76.561779W
After all the weeks of swinging the dish about on the C-Band project my trusty SG2100 has decided to quit on me after over a year of faithful service.
It'll turn East but won't turn back West.
It's stuck at 0 degrees after trying a hard-reset which didn't help.

Any suggestions on a decent inexpensive replacement that'll handle a 120cm dish?

Cheers.

Cascade said:
After all the weeks of swinging the dish about on the C-Band project my trusty SG2100 has decided to quit on me after over a year of faithful service.
It'll turn East but won't turn back West.
It's stuck at 0 degrees after trying a hard-reset which didn't help.

(sniff, wipe, blow)

May it rest in pieces...

Any suggestions on a decent inexpensive replacement that'll handle a 120cm dish?

I believe SADOUN has parts fur dat beast...

If I kill mine with a 120cm, I'll donate what's left to you...

I see the makings of a FrankenSG2100! Muwahahahaha!!!

:D

If its still under a year old ship it in and it will be fixed and returned : )

http://www.dmsiusa.com/warranty.htm

Classic case of lack of use, otherwise known as the "Cascade Belt"

Only kidding I bet some days you could fry an egg on it with all the motoring you do :yes

I've found there's several different versions of the Clarke Belt:

There's the Clarke Belt (The full set of satellites)
The Cascade Belt (.00000005 degree spread)
The CharredPC Belt (Random sat placement)
And finally, The Greczkowski Belt (Identical to the Clarke Belt only it's upside-down)

heh. yea, my motor generally stays on G10R for the most part.. its more there to finetune the signal and angle the dish for optimal signal ;)

Even in my avatar, its pointing at G10!

I had mine stuck at the farthest most eastern point and it wouldn't move. I pulled it apart, reset the worm gear and gave it a good shot of wd-40 and it worked. Giver er' a shot.

I'm gonna bump this thread for a while to show people how far some people (retailers&suppliers) will go to make their customers happy:

Last night my SG2100 packed up, I posted about it in this thread.
Within a few hours PSB messaged me to say that Tim from DMSI got back to him and offered to repair the SG2100 at no charge even though it was way out of warranty.

It's people such as PSB(Pete) and Tim who go a long way in keeping FTA alive, Pete isn't a moderator on this board to hawk his gear, he's as dedicated to satellite as anyone could be and the way he handles his customers shows his commitment.

I've spoken to Tim via email a few times and he's as passionate about what he does as much as Pete. This is the guy who generously provides the prizes for all the competitions in the FTA area.

I wanted to post this to show people that it does matter where you buy from and when it comes down to the bone there are people like Tim and Pete who have your back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)