R10 Freezing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mattr652

Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
I've had my R10 unit for about a month and have no problems at all, up until yesterday afternoon. I took the unit off of standby, went to the Now Playing List, but the list wouldn't load. It took about 90 seconds for it finally to load up. Then after selecting a recorded program to watch, the info screen for that program took another 60 seconds to load. Once I finally got to watching the program, it worked fine.

Today I decided to reboot it. I'm not sure how long a reboot is supposed to take, but it took around 10-15minutes (took about 25-30 minutes to acquire sat info). When I went to the Menu, it is like it freezes for an instant every 2-3 seconds (The moving DirecTV lettering at the top of the screen freezes as well.)

Any idea what is wrong with the unit?

I am suddenly having a similar issue with my R10. If I try to read the messeges the unit freezes while trying to open up the messeges folder. Not sure why it's now doing this but is there a way to fix it?

Hrm, seems to be a trend of R10 issues lately, makes me wonder if they snuck an update in and it's causing issues, or maybe a change in the encoding stream is making them do wierd things. I myself would try and leave it unplugged from everything overnight, otherwise I'd be on the phone complaining, if they get enough complaints, they might fix it.

Sound like the memory is F U L L if you let it record suggestions it doesn't take up memory for upcoming recordings but the more full the memory the slower the TIVO.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts