r15-100 power button issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ry_an

Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
usa
my neighbor dropped his r15-100 off asking me if i could take a look at it... when i plug it in, the harddrive spins up, but the power button does not turn the unit on. i've opened the front panel and the box making sure everything is connected and the button is making contact with the board that actually has the internal buttons (behind the outside buttons).. everything appears to be fine. anyone have an idea as to what i could do/try next?

Try both IR codes on the remote, 00001 & 00002, if still doesn't work, if the remote is RF, see if marrying the remote to the receiver by putting into rf mode:

1. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
2. enter 9 6 1
3. press CH UP
4. enter the last 6 digits of the receiver ID #, found on a sticker in the access card compartment
5. press SELECT

The R15 is probably a lease if it dosen't power up frpm the front panel call Directv for a replacement probably will cost a shipping charge unless you (he) have Protection Plan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)